LIVE: Plastics And The Fight For The Future
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Clean Water Action Rhode Island along with multiple other environmental agencies are gathering on Monday, June 19 outside of the American Chemistry Council's (ACC) Marine Debris Solutions conference in Newport to voice their opinion on the future of plastics.
Jonathan Berard, State Director of Clean Water Action Rhode Island, says the ACC's plastics conference presents a future path that includes incineration.
Berard says the agencies will come together Monday, voicing their opinion that incineration is not an option and that source reduction, or reducing plastic use, is the best way moving forward for environmental and economical purposes.
Berard says the focus needs to be on source reduction of the generation and use of plastics as disposable, single use items.
“Plastics have overwhelmed the global system causing serious negative impacts, beyond a simple management problem,” says Berard.
“The problem is pervasive and cannot be burned away. There is no away. Incineration is not the solution.”
- LIVE: Access and Education Mission for Natural Sunscreen Founder
- LIVE: Members of “Take It To The Bridge” with Culp Perform & Talk Health
- LIVE: Critters, Clinics and Events with Providence Animal Rescue League
- LIVE: Home Design For “Aging in Place” With Robin Garceau
- “Judge the Candidate, Not the Party” - Providence Ward 3 GOP Contender Lallier on LIVE
- LIVE: Inside Look at New, Renovated & Historic Apartments on Downtown Providence Living Tour
- RI League of Charter Schools Names Oliveira Executive Director
- Fung Blasts Raimondo’s Record During Appearance on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Four Office Systems To Organize
- LIVE: Celebrating World Ocean Day With Mystic Aquarium and A Horseshoe Crab
- LIVE: New Chowder, New Competition at The Great Chowder Cook-Off
- LIVE: Singer Frenchie Davis on Her RI Pride Performance
- LIVE: RI Jazz Musician Kim Trusty Tells a Story of Resilience
- LIVE: First Make Music Rhode Island Festival Set for June 21
- LIVE: Rhode Island Designer Andrea Valentini Launching New Fabric
- LIVE: Isle Brewers Guild’s Duffy on Craft Beer, Business, and Growth
- The Billy Harpin Band Performs LIVE, RI’s Next Stars?
- LIVE: Advancements in Migraine Treatment and World Migraine Solidarity Day
- LIVE: Shopping For Swimwear With Personal Stylist Jill Marinelli
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- LIVE: Drag Queen Jacqueline Dimera Talks All Things Drag, Politics, and Pride
- Ogies Trailer Park’s Becker Discusses the Origin of The Name on LIVE’s The Taste
- Malted Barley’s Goryl Talks Craft Beers on LIVE’s The Taste
- Gasbarros’ President Highlights 3 Great Father’s Day Gifts on LIVE’s The Taste