LIVE: Members of “Take It To The Bridge” with Culp Perform & Talk Health
Saturday, June 10, 2017
That’s part of the reason Culp founded the Tune In & Tune Up Musicians Health Awareness Program.
To help keep Rhode Island’s music community informed about preventative health care options and other wellness resources, Culp and the RI Music Hall of Fame are holding the first health awareness program called "Feeling Alright: A Health Fair and Unity Concert" Sunday, June 11 at the Hope Artiste Village and at The Met.
Culp says, while the idea came from being in the music industry, the free health fair is open to people of all backgrounds and will have information from multiple areas of health and wellness, with more than 25 exhibitors ranging from doctors, holistic health providers, and wellness practitioners.
Following the health fair, there is a unity concert at The Met from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Performances will include Duke Robillard, John Cafferty, James Montgomery, Steve Smith, Becky Chace, Michael “Tunes” Antunes, Philip Pemberton, Gary Gramolini, Rudy Cheeks, Mark Cutler, Chris Vachon, Brian Minisce, Emerson Torrey, Bill Light, Marissa Licata, Steve Malec, Adrienne West, Ron Lewis all supported by the Tune In & Tune up House band.
Tickets for the concert are $20 in advance and $25.00 day of.
Proceeds from the concert go to the Tune In & Tune Up Rhode Island Musicians Health Awareness program.
- LIVE: 100th Anniversary of George M. Cohan’s “Over There”
- LIVE: Four Systems to Get Organized In Your Office
- LIVE: Festival of Historic Houses Highlights Upper Elmwood Historic District
- LIVE: Jazz Artist Kowal Plays Vibraphone
- LIVE: Celebrating Italian-American Women’s Culture with Daniela Mansella Paolino
- LIVE: Trinity Rep Actor & PVD Fest’s Grand Marshal, Wilson Jr, Talks Art & Activism
- LIVE: Playwright Frank Toti Discusses The Oral History Play TRANS*
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Emerging Leaders - Naomi Leipold
- LIVE: Neurofeedback, Psychologist Explains The Mental Health Treatment of Training Your Brain
- LIVE: Billy Gilman Talks RI Roots, New Music, and Christmas Concert
- LIVE: Rapper/Educator Harry “Jon Hope’ Grigsby to Teach Hip Hop Course at RIC
- LIVE: Hood Adrain & What Will The Neighbors Say? Brings Original Theater to Providence
- This Week on LIVE: Harper’s Publisher, British Security Expert, NY Times Best Selling Author Green
- LIVE: Celebrating World Ocean Day With Mystic Aquarium and A Horseshoe Crab
- LIVE: Four Office Systems To Organize
- LIVE: New Chowder, New Competition at The Great Chowder Cook-Off
- LIVE: Access and Education Mission for Natural Sunscreen Founder
- LIVE: Critters, Clinics and Events with Providence Animal Rescue League
- LIVE: Star of Netflix’s HUSH, Kate Siegel On Upcoming Projects, Motherhood, & More
- LIVE: 12-Year-Old Quadruple Threat, Kayciblu, Performs New Song
- LIVE: Sea Vegetables & Future of Aquaculture with Opton-Himmel of Walrus & Carpenter Oysters
- LIVE: Nutrition with Shira Hirshberg - Packing a Healthy Lunch
- LIVE: NYT Best-Selling Author Green Talks New Book “The Sunshine Sisters”
- LIVE: Forefather of Indie Hip-Hop, RI’s Sage Francis, Reinvents Himself in New Group
- LIVE: Inside Look at New, Renovated & Historic Apartments on Downtown Providence Living Tour