LIVE: Advancements in Migraine Treatment and World Migraine Solidarity Day
Saturday, June 17, 2017
The Association of Migraine Disorders, Dr. Fredrick Godley says a migraine is a prevalent neurological disease affecting 37 million Americans.
As part of a joint effort to raise awareness for migraines and to urge Congress to fund research for migraine sufferers, Dr. Godley says migraine groups have come together creating World Solidarity Day on June 21.
“Investment in migraine research has the potential to be the cornerstone of our national effort to advance neuroscience. It will also shed new light on other common, disabling diseases that are associated and probably functionally linked to migraines, such as anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, colic, gastric and pelvic pains, sleep disorders, tinnitus, and post-concussion headaches,” says Dr. Godley.
To show compassion for those who suffer from migraines, Dr. Godley says they are urging people to wear sunglasses on June 21.
There is hope for those who suffer from migraines, Dr. Godley spoke about new treatments for migraines likely available in fall of 2017.
He said there is a whole new class of drugs based on using antibodies that block one of the neurotransmitters.
- LIVE: Star of Netflix’s HUSH, Kate Siegel On Upcoming Projects, Motherhood, & More
- LIVE: 12-Year-Old Quadruple Threat, Kayciblu, Performs New Song
- LIVE: Four Office Systems To Organize
- LIVE: Celebrating World Ocean Day With Mystic Aquarium and A Horseshoe Crab
- LIVE: New Chowder, New Competition at The Great Chowder Cook-Off
- LIVE: Forefather of Indie Hip-Hop, RI’s Sage Francis, Reinvents Himself in New Group
- LIVE: NYT Best-Selling Author Green Talks New Book “The Sunshine Sisters”
- LIVE: Hood Adrain & What Will The Neighbors Say? Brings Original Theater to Providence
- This Week on LIVE: Harper’s Publisher, British Security Expert, NY Times Best Selling Author Green
- LIVE: Sea Vegetables & Future of Aquaculture with Opton-Himmel of Walrus & Carpenter Oysters
- LIVE: Nutrition with Shira Hirshberg - Packing a Healthy Lunch
- LIVE: Inside Look at New, Renovated & Historic Apartments on Downtown Providence Living Tour
- LIVE: Members of “Take It To The Bridge” with Culp Perform & Talk Health
- LIVE: Shopping For Swimwear With Personal Stylist Jill Marinelli
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- LIVE: Rhode Island Designer Andrea Valentini Launching New Fabric
- LIVE: First Make Music Rhode Island Festival Set for June 21
- LIVE: Isle Brewers Guild’s Duffy on Craft Beer, Business, and Growth
- LIVE: Drag Queen Jacqueline Dimera Talks All Things Drag, Politics, and Pride
- LIVE: RI Jazz Musician Kim Trusty Tells a Story of Resilience
- LIVE: Access and Education Mission for Natural Sunscreen Founder
- LIVE: Critters, Clinics and Events with Providence Animal Rescue League
- LIVE: Home Design For “Aging in Place” With Robin Garceau
- LIVE: Singer Frenchie Davis on Her RI Pride Performance
- LIVE: Raimondo’s Mixed Signals on Paris & Burrillville, Bradford Dam Removal, and More