slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 2, 2016
Friday, September 02, 2016
This weekend's events include a Lobster Bake at Elks Lodge, the final day of the half price raw bar at the Viking Hotel and more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below!
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 2, 2016
Start at the top - 1/2 price Raw Bar at Hotel Viking
This is the final day for the 1/2 price raw bar at the Hotel Viking and you don't want to miss out.
Award Winning Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
Get over to Firehouse Theater at 4 Equality Park Place in Newport to watch the award winning improv comedy of The Bit Players.
The show begins at 8 p.m. and is BYOB.
Sour Beer 10 Tap Takeover
Sour Beer 10 Tap Takeover @ Norey's, Newport from 4PM to 12 AM.
Sour Beer from Breweries including Hanssens, OEC, Mikkeller, & Birrificio Del Ducato. Check Noreys.com/craft-beer for more info.
Taps stay up until they are gone which is generally about 2 weeks. Mon-Sat 4PM- 1AM. Closed Sun.
Museum of Yachting 37th Annual Classic Yacht Regatta
The Museum of Yachting 37th Annual Classic Yacht Regatta will take place starting on September 3 and extending to September 4 at the Museum of Yachting.
The event includes two days of racing that will draw a fleet that stands as a time capsule of classic design – from small traditional one-designs to large, majestic yachts built over a century ago.
Yoga on the Rooftop at the Vanderbilt Grace
Relax on the roof at the Vanderbilt Grace and do some yoga.
Sessions go from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and cost $15 to attend.
Contemporary Women Artists
The Bristol Art Museum will be showcasing the work of some contemporary women artists.
Crustacean Nation at Save The Bay
Crustacean Nation at Save The Bay runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sundays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Crustacean nation is the theme at Save The Bay’s Exploration Center and Aquarium next month. September is all about Captivating Crustaceans, giving visitors a chance to learn all about these special ocean critters.
Annual Labor Day Weekend Lobster Boil/Steak Fry
The annual Labor Day Weekend Lobster Boil/Steak Fry is set for Sunday, September 4 at the Elks Lodge ion Pelham Street.
Newport RI Elks Lodge #104
Annual Labor Day Weekend Lobster Boil/Steak Fry
Sunday Sept. 4th from 2-6PM
DJ playing your favorite music
All meals are served with clam chowder and clam cakes
Boil only $25
Boil with lobster $35
Steak with boil $30
14 oz. Steak dinner with baked potato and corn on the cob $30
Hamburgers ($2.00) and hot dogs ($1.00) will be available.
Return to Camelot - The Kennedy Wedding Remembered
Along with its mansions and America's Cup yachting history, Newport is known as the resort city where Jaqueline Bouvier married then Senator John F. Kennedy on September 12, 1953 at St. Mary's Catholic Church on Spring St. in Newport.
Re-live that special day while watching vintage film clips and enjoying a live performance of music and song from their wedding ceremony and reception at Hammersmith Farm, Jackie's childhood summer home in Newport.
Waterscapes: Islamic Architecture and Art from Doris Duke's Shangri La
Open from 12:30 p.m .to 5 p.m.
Two of Duke's greatest passions--her love of the water; and, her love of Islamic art and architecture--came together spectacularly at Shangri La, her exotic ocean front estate in Honolulu and the only home she built for herself from ground up beginning in the late 1930s.
Waterscapes explores the theme of water through objects on loan from Shangri La; photographs of the property and other historic sites that inspired its many fountains, pools, and cascades; and home movies from Duke's travels in North Africa, the Middle East, and India to buy art and furnishings for the house.
- 2016 Newport Folk Festival - Sunday Highlights
- 2016 Newport Folk Festival - Saturday Highlights
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Hot and Cold Etiquette
- 10 Don’t Miss Acts at 2016 Newport Jazz
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 29
- 2016 Newport Folk Festival - Friday Highlights
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 22
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 15
- Newport Gulls Set to Host NECBL All-Star Game on Sunday at Cardines Field
- 10 “Don’t Miss” Acts at Newport Folk
- Local Bands to Play Newport Folk This Weekend
- Official World Premiere of “PELL” in Newport at Jane Pickens Theater
- 2016 Newport Jazz Festival in Pictures
- Newport Jazz Fest 2016 Brings in Over 24,000 Fans
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 19
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Good Guests Bad Guests
- MUST SEE: Amazing Drone Video of Newport
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 26, 2016
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Children at Weddings
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 12, 2016
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Best Guests Ever + More
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 5
- Newport Hospital to Host Fall into Fitness 5k Race/Walk
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Rudeness
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Overnight Guests