NEW: Alex and Ani Names Kent President of Company
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Alex and Ani, LLC has announced that Harlan Kent has been named President of the Company. Kent is the former CEO of Yankee Candle and brings 30 years of experience working in consumer focused public and private businesses.
“We are delighted to bring someone with Harlan’s talent and experience to the Company. His passion for creating relevancy in quality infused products, stewarding authentic brand building and developing high performance teams fits perfectly within the Alex and Ani culture and the strategic direction we envision for the Company," said Carolyn Rafaelian, the founder and CEO of Alex and Ani.
Alex and Ani creates eco-conscious jewelry and is one of Inc. Magazine's 500 fastest growing companies.
Harlan Kent spent 13 years at Yankee Candle and under his leadership the company grew 2.5 times. During his tenure at Yankee Candle, he led the development of a world class team focused on innovative growth across a store base of 565 company stores, 30,000 wholesale locations, a dynamic digital business and a rapidly expanding international footprint. After leaving Yankee Candle in 2014, Mr. Kent served as CEO of C Wonder, an apparel retailer owned by Burch Creative Capital.
Prior to Yankee Candle, he held marketing and sales leadership roles with Totes Isotoner, Olin Corporation and the Campbell Soup Company. He started his career as a consultant with Bain & Company in Boston. Mr. Kent has served on the boards of AT Cross, Rue 21, and the Connecticut Children's Medical Hospital. He currently sits on the boards of PF Changs and The Savory Spice Shop. He is a graduate of Dartmouth College with a degree cum laude in economics. Mr. Kent lives in West Hartford Connecticut with his wife Patty and their three children.
- Alex and Ani Opens Pavillion + Lounge At Newport Polo This Weekend
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Address RI College Commencement
- NEW: Rhode Island College Unveils New Alex and Ani Hall Art Center
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Receive Humanitarian Award
- Alex and Ani Fuels Economy - Creates Thousands of Jobs in RI
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Giovanni Feroce Will Address URI Commencement
- Don’t Miss: Alex and Ani “Path of Life” Book Signing at Foxwoods
- NEW: Alex and Ani Launches Seven Swords Acquisitions, Partnerships
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- NEW: Alex and Ani “Path Of Life” Book Will Debut March 4
- NEW: Alex and Ani Designer Rafaelian Appears Tonight on “The Boss”
- NEW: Alex and Ani Previews 2014 Super Bowl Ad
- Alex and Ani Super Bowl Spot - Main Street Inspires
- NEW: Alex and Ani Finds New Investor, Company Valued at $1 Billion
- Providence Rink Renamed The Alex and Ani Community Center
- URI Student, Alex and Ani Design Bracelets to Benefit Clean Water Charity
- NEW: Alex and Ani Announces Retail Expansion
- Alex And Ani Charity By Design Donates $20 Million in Four Years
- Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Support URI Research
- NEW: Alex and Ani Lands Naming Rights to The Providence Rink
- BREAKING: Alex and Ani Appoints Carolyn Rafaelian Interim CEO
- TIMELINE: The Amazing Growth of RI’s Alex and Ani
- Alex and Ani Adds to Management Team
- Alex and Ani Hall Opens at Rhode Island College
- NEW: Alex and Ani Names Kent President of Company