Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Support URI Research
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
The funds will help researchers discover plant-based molecules to improve human well-being, and in recognition of the company's gift URI will name a $75 million College of Pharmacy building the "Alex and Ani Impact Lab" on the Kingston campus.
“We are excited to have an association with a leading Rhode Island and world-class brand like Alex and Ani,” said URI President David M. Dooley.
“With our faculty, and our undergraduate and graduate students all contributing to ever expanding possibilities for research, innovation and discovery in this lab, we are confident that the internationally recognized work being conducted here will have a positive impact on our university as well as the state’s economy. We are grateful to Alex and Ani for its support of the University of Rhode Island.”
The gift will rename an existing lab operated by Biomedical Sciences Professor David Rowley within the Pharmacy building - a 144,000 square-foot, five-story structure that opened on the Kingston campus in September 2012.
“The University of Rhode Island is one of the crown jewels of our state, as it educates our children, drives local economic development, and conducts ground-breaking research to improve the lives of Rhode Islanders,” said Carolyn Rafaelian, founder, creative director, and CEO of Alex and Ani.
“We are honored to be able to support such important initiatives that will positively impact not only the URI students but the people living in our beloved state as well.”
For more information please contact Linda A. Acciardo, 401-874-2116 or Tracey A. Manni, 401-874-2145.
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- NEW: Alex and Ani Launches Seven Swords Acquisitions, Partnerships
- NEW: Alex and Ani “Path Of Life” Book Will Debut March 4
- NEW: Alex and Ani Designer Rafaelian Appears Tonight on “The Boss”
- Don’t Miss: Alex and Ani “Path of Life” Book Signing at Foxwoods
- NEW: GoGo Cast Launches App With Alex and Ani’s Seven Swords Media
- NEW: Alex and Ani Expands Media Division
- Alex and Ani Founder Buys Belcourt Castle
- NEW: $8.95 Million Sale of Sakonnet Vineyards To Alex and Ani Final
- NEW: Alex and Ani University TEDx Event Sold Out For Jan. 20
- Alex and Ani Launches Super Bowl Ad
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Giovanni Feroce Will Address URI Commencement
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Address RI College Commencement
- TIMELINE: The Amazing Growth of RI’s Alex and Ani
- BREAKING: Alex and Ani Appoints Carolyn Rafaelian Interim CEO
- Alex and Ani Adds to Management Team
- Alex and Ani Hall Opens at Rhode Island College
- NEW: Alex and Ani Lands Naming Rights to The Providence Rink
- Alex and Ani Super Bowl Spot - Main Street Inspires
- NEW: Alex and Ani Previews 2014 Super Bowl Ad
- Alex and Ani Opens Pavillion + Lounge At Newport Polo This Weekend
- NEW: Rhode Island College Unveils New Alex and Ani Hall Art Center
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Receive Humanitarian Award
- Alex and Ani Fuels Economy - Creates Thousands of Jobs in RI
- Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Support URI Research