NEW: Alex and Ani Finds New Investor, Company Valued at $1 Billion
Friday, December 05, 2014
Olivian Oran reported Friday afternoon that San Francisco-based JH Partners, which bought the stake in 2012, sold its holding to British buyout firm Lion Capital LLP, and that Alex and Ani founder and chief executive Carolyn Rafaelian will control the remaining 60 percent of the company.
According to Reuters, Alex and Ani posted revenue of $350 million this year and earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization of around $80 million, according to people close to the deal "who asked not to be identified because the matter is not public."
Related Slideshow: 20 Cool Small Businesses in RI
186 Fountain Street, Providence RI
Trinity Brewhouse brews it's own award-winning beers in house, for a fresh experience every time. They also offer a $50 annual fee to become a member of their Mug Club which offers discounts on drinks and food.
The Sproutel is well-known for creating Jerry the Bear - an interactive toy that teaches children with diabetes how to care for themselves. The Providence-based business is currently expanding their technology to accommodate children with other conditions.
10 Rosario Dr., Providence, RI
Pranzi has catered for all types of events from weddings to corporate luncheons. Owner and founder Lisa Mattiello was recently named the "2014 Rhode Island Small Business Person of the Year" by the Resource Guide for Small Business.
The Green Grocer
934 East Main Rd., Portsmouth, RI
The Green Grocer is an organic market out of Portsmouth that supports local farmers. The market has also won many an award under owner John H. Wood II including: the "Veteran-owned Small Business of the Year" award from the Small Business Administration.
Sweet Berry Farm
915 Mitchell’s Lane, Middletown, RI
Sweet Berry Farm has everything you would expect from a local farmer's market and more. They feature juried art exhibitions, a sit-down cafe, and prepared foods for when you are on the run.
Photo: Clare Rok
50 Hopkins Avenue, Johnston, RI
Verde Vineyard is a family owned and operated vineyard based in Johnston. The business is known for giving free tours and tastings on the weekends.
Photo: Verde Vineyards
10 Dorrance St., Providence, RI
Swipely is turning payment systems for businesses into upgraded, secure payment solutions with their innovative technology for businesses of all sizes.
212 Westminster St., Providence, RI
Craftland was once a holiday store which came around annually to sell its wares. But now it has grown into a full-time shop front for local artisans to sell everything from jewelry to home goods.
Photo: Jen Brister of Brister Photo
989 Reservoir Ave., Cranston, Rhode Island
The Center for Microdermal Pigmentation is the only business of its kind in the area offering permanent makeup solutions.
New Harvest Coffee
65 Weybosset, Providence, RI
New Harvest Coffee Roasters opened a second location in the Arcade earlier this year and offers a wide variety of cocktails and freshly roasted coffee selections.
74 Maple Ave., Barrington, RI
Medici Gelato is a tiny shop in Barrington which opened in September and features an ever-changing variety of freshly made authentic gelato (which you can try before you buy), along with tiramisu and cookies!
279 Water St, Warren, RI
Muse American Handcrafted is tax-free everyday and offers custom wedding band services. All of their jewelry is 100% handcrafted in America by local artisans.
184 County Rd, Barrington, RI
Barrington Books has been awarded year after year as the "Best Independent Bookstore" on the East Bay and often hosts book signings by local authors.
1000 Chapel View Blvd., Cranston, RI
Gents specializes in old-fashioned, full service barber shop and spa. They specialize in services including straight-razor hot shaves, shoe shines and massages.
Frog and Toad
795 Hope St., Providence, RI
Frog and Toad of Providence has locally made and handcrafted T-shirts, jewelry, handbags, and home goods as well as free trade items from around the globe.
41 Lookout Ave, North Providence, RI
Professor Chef is run by a husband and wife team and provides courses on how to cook a full course meal, and wine making among others. The courses are highly interactive so taste, prep and enjoy in your home or in their kitchen.
312 South Main St., Providence, RI
bin 312 features a wide selection of wines and spirits and hosts free tastings every Thursday night!
11 Olneyville Square, Providence, RI
Justine's is Olneyville's best kept secret, a speak-easy 1920's bar atmosphere with an actual functioning lingerie shop "front".
Frey Florist & Greenhouse
50 Radcliffe Avenue Providence, RI
Frey Florist and Greenhouses has been family owned and operated since 1973, and creates custom arrangements for every occassion that can be delivered around town by request.
Photo: Frey Florist and Greenhouses
- NEW: Alex and Ani “Path Of Life” Book Will Debut March 4
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- NEW: Alex and Ani Designer Rafaelian Appears Tonight on “The Boss”
- Don’t Miss: Alex and Ani “Path of Life” Book Signing at Foxwoods
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Giovanni Feroce Will Address URI Commencement
- NEW: Alex and Ani Launches Seven Swords Acquisitions, Partnerships
- NEW: GoGo Cast Launches App With Alex and Ani’s Seven Swords Media
- NEW: $8.95 Million Sale of Sakonnet Vineyards To Alex and Ani Final
- NEW: Alex and Ani University TEDx Event Sold Out For Jan. 20
- Alex and Ani Launches Super Bowl Ad
- Alex and Ani Super Bowl Spot - Main Street Inspires
- NEW: Rhode Island College Unveils New Alex and Ani Hall Art Center
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Receive Humanitarian Award
- Alex and Ani Fuels Economy - Creates Thousands of Jobs in RI
- NEW: Alex and Ani Previews 2014 Super Bowl Ad
- Providence Rink Renamed The Alex and Ani Community Center
- NEW: Alex and Ani Expands Media Division
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Address RI College Commencement
- Alex and Ani Opens Pavillion + Lounge At Newport Polo This Weekend
- Alex and Ani Adds to Management Team
- TIMELINE: The Amazing Growth of RI’s Alex and Ani
- Alex and Ani Hall Opens at Rhode Island College
- NEW: Alex and Ani Lands Naming Rights to The Providence Rink
- Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Support URI Research
- BREAKING: Alex and Ani Appoints Carolyn Rafaelian Interim CEO