Cicilline to Starbucks’ Schultz: You’re Not Going to Win, You’ll Make it Easier for Trump to Win
Monday, January 28, 2019
Rhode Island Democratic Congressman David Cicilline took to Twitter after former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz was featured on 60 Minutes Sunday night and expressed his interest in running for President — as an independent.
“Howard, I like your coffee, but please don’t do this. You’re not going to win. You’re just going to make it easier for @realdonaldtrump to win,” Tweeted Cicilline Sunday night.
Schultz used the national interview to explain why he would run as in independent.
“This moment is like no other. Our two parties are divided more than ever. Let’s discuss how we can come together to create opportunities for more people #ReimagineUS howardschultz.com,” Tweeted Schultz.
President Donald Trump used Twitter to slam Shultz’s interest in running for President in 2020.
“Howard Schultz doesn’t have ‘the guts’ to run for President! Watched him on @60Minutes last night and I agree with him that he’s not the ‘smartest person.’ Besides America already has that! I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!” Tweeted Trump.
Schultz also used his 60 Minutes appearance to talk about his new book, “From the Ground Up.”
- NEW: Starbucks to Replace Boston Market at University Marketplace
- NEW: Starbucks to Close All Stores on May 29 for “Racial Bias Education”
- Trillo and Rickman: Two Different Views of the Starbucks Arrests
- Not Since Nixon Has an Administration Been This Embroiled in Corruption, Says Cicilline
- VIDEO: Councilwoman Cicilline-Buonanno Pulled Over On National TV
- In 2014, Chafee, Cicilline, and McCain Were 3 of the Most Unpopular Politicians in U.S.
- Cicilline Announces 2018 Congressional App Challenge
- Cicilline to Introduce Bill Banning 3-D Printed Guns
- Cicilline Issues Statement on Resignation of EPA Chief Pruitt
- Cicilline, House Colleagues Demand Ethics Investigation Into Trump’s China Ties
- VIDEO: Cicilline on “Terrible” Zero Tolerance Policy After Touring Texas Detention Facility
- Cicilline Applauds Supreme Court Decision Allowing States to Collect Sales Tax on Online Retailers
- Cicilline Says Supreme Court Ruling on Travel Ban “Undermines Our Security & Our Values”
- Cicilline Calls Trump Administration’s Cutting of Refugee Admissions “Shameful”
- Cicilline Announces Run for a Top House Leadership Position
- Weiss: Cicilline to Reintroduce Resolution to Reestablish House Aging Committee
- Cicilline Called for Sessions’ Resignation in 2017 - Now Criticizes Trump For AG’s Departure
- Cicilline Issues Statement on Passing of Doña Fefa
- VIDEO: Cicilline Talks Federal Shutdown and Critical to Count Every Rhode Islander in Census
- VIDEO: Langevin and Cicilline Reject Trump’s Proposal on Ending the Shutdown
- Cicilline Wins Re-Election, Now Seeks Top Democratic Leadership Slot
- ELECTION 2018 LIVE: Cicilline Predicts Dems Will Retake the House
- BREAKING: Cicilline-Buonanno Quits Narragansett Town Council Race
- FBI Issues Statement and Cicilline Condemns Attempted Bombings of Obamas, Clintons and Others
- UPDATED: Congressman Cicilline Coached Sister on Press Response After Stop by Police on Live TV
- Narragansett Town Council Chaos: Cicilline-Buonanno to Remain on Ballot
- Cicilline to Chair Antitrust Subcommittee—Inconsistent Record on Corporate Mergers