VIDEO: Cicilline Talks Federal Shutdown and Critical to Count Every Rhode Islander in Census
Tuesday, January 01, 2019
GoLocal caught up with U.S. Congressman David Cicilline at the RI State House after Governor Gina Raimondo gave her second inaugural address.
Cicilline blames the federal government shut-down on President Donald Trump and says the closure has little to do with Trump’s desire to build the wall, but more of an effort to change the narrative and create a distraction.
Cicilline also said it is critical that every Rhode Islander is counted in the census to make sure the state receives its fair share of federal funding.
- FBI Issues Statement and Cicilline Condemns Attempted Bombings of Obamas, Clintons and Others
- Cicilline Announces Run for a Top House Leadership Position
- Cicilline Calls Trump Administration’s Cutting of Refugee Admissions “Shameful”
- Cicilline Issues Statement on Passing of Doña Fefa
- Cicilline Called for Sessions’ Resignation in 2017 - Now Criticizes Trump For AG’s Departure
- ELECTION 2018 LIVE: Cicilline Predicts Dems Will Retake the House
- Cicilline, House Colleagues Demand Ethics Investigation Into Trump’s China Ties
- Cicilline Issues Statement on Speaker Ryan’s Retirement
- Cicilline Wins Re-Election, Now Seeks Top Democratic Leadership Slot
- VIDEO: Cicilline on “Terrible” Zero Tolerance Policy After Touring Texas Detention Facility
- Cicilline Announces 2018 Congressional App Challenge