Cheat Sheet 16, FBI Files: Did Patriarca Have Anything to do with Bugsy Siegel’s Murder?
Monday, November 23, 2015
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 10 Patriarca’s Girlfriend - Where She Lives and What She Drives
An FBI Teletype outlines that Patriarca’s girlfriend is separated from her husband and she is living in Johnston, RI.
She rents a summer home for many years in Matunuck.
According to the document she drives a 1961 Cadillac which she purchased from Trinity Auto Sales — the favorite dealership of the Patrirarca group.
Clinton Anderson, the Police Chief on Beverly Hills raised the question with the FBI if a member of Patriarca’s organization could have been involved in the murder of Bugsy Siegel.
“Anderson said his only interest in this matter was the similarity in the modus operandi in the killing of Bugsy Siegel in Beverly Hills, California, on June 20, 1947, and the earlier killing of James Letendre in Rhode Island.”
Siegel was a member of the famous "Murder Incorporated" then moved to Los Angeles and regularly socialized with the biggest Hollywood stars including George Raft, Clark Gable and Cary Grant.
He is best remembered for creating Las Vegas -- he opened the first Hotel and casino -- the Flamingo.
The venerable Providence law firm (now Locke Lord) “filed a demurrer (on behalf of the Providence Journal) which in effect denied all of the allegations…”
1) Each count of the declaration (of Patriarca’s suit against the Journal) does not state a cause of action
2) Plantiff has failed to plead the entire article, but has singled out merely a portion thereof, out of context
3) The allegations of each count of the declaration is otherwise so involved and defective as not to forma basis for an action against the defendant (The Providence Journal Company)
PAGE 46 Kirk Krikorian wins license to operate the Dunes Hotel
After a few months of operation the hotel sans in financial difficulty and the lease of the casino was taken over by the Sands Hotel, Las Vegas.
In March of 1956 a lease was entered into between the M&R Investment Company and the Dunes Hotel - the investment was led by Major A. Riddle. In 1957, Riddle exercised an option to by the Dunes in whole.
As the FBI investigated Raimondi regarding questionable loans. Raimondi said “he is very fond of Raymond Patriarca and even if he know anything concerning him, he would never furnish the information. He said he would rather go to jail and even cut off his right arm before he would give information concerning with Patriarca.”
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 16
- Law Enforcement Experts Weigh in on The Patriarca Papers’ Entry 1
- GoLocalTV: Previewing Section 1 of the Patriarca Papers
- The Patriarca Papers - Entry 1
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 2, Part 1
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 3, Part 1
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 3, Part 2
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 4
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 5
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 6
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 7
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 8
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 9, Was Governor Notte Bribed?
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 10 (Patriarca Takes Out an Ad)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 11 (Patriarca Named a Top Hoodlum by FBI)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 12
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 13 - Bugging the Office, Spying on a Race Track
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 14 (A Top Target of the FBI)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 15
- Cheat Sheet 3, Part 2 The Patriarca Papers – Supreme Court Justice, Miami Trip, & Col. Stone
- Cheat Sheet 4, FBI Files Unveils the Business Ties of Patriarca’s Lawyers
- Cheat Sheet 1 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils GOP Advisor, Las Vegas, and Criminal Record
- Cheat Sheet 9, FBI Files: Patriarca, Gov. Notte, Mayor Curley and So Much More
- Cheat Sheet 2 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils Mollicone and Prison Break Murders
- Cheat Sheet 13: Patriarca’s Home’s Property Tax is $421 and Bugging the Coin-O-Matic
- Cheat Sheet 16, FBI Files: Did Patriarca Have Anything to do with Bugsy Siegel’s Murder?
- Cheat Sheet 3 The Patriarca Papers – Ties to NY Families, Biltmore and Listening Devices
- Cheat Sheet 6, FBI Files Unveils Patriarca’s Ties to Port and Alleged Connection to Drugs
- Cheat Sheet 12, FBI Files: Patriarca and Robert Kennedy, $1M Suit Against Projo
- Cheat Sheet 10, FBI Files Unveils the Big Wedding, Patriarca’s Girl and Senate Testimony
- Cheat Sheet 11, The Patriarca Papers Unveil Sam Giancana, Meyer Lansky and Jerry Angiulo
- Whitey Bulger and Raymond Patriarca: Inside the Relationship