Cheat Sheet 4, FBI Files Unveils the Business Ties of Patriarca’s Lawyers
Monday, August 31, 2015
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England - this week includes the FBI looking at one of New England's largest auto dealers, the fear of listening devices, and how Patriarca's attorney may have been the financial front man.
Patriarca is concerned about the growing FBI investigation. According to an interview with Louis Taglianetti, Patriarca does not contact anyone and he will not contact anyone.
“No one is allowed to visit Patriarca at 168 Atwell Ave. Providence, which is his place of business, and he will not allow anyone to hang around his place of business, and will not allow anyone to hang around there because he does not trust anyone and does not want anyone picked up by the police and his place of business, which incident may cause him some embarrassment and trouble.”
According to the same interview, Patriarca “feels that all phones” are tapped (microphoned), including the Coin-O-Matic Distributors, phones in the area and his home phone and neighbors’ phones.
Patriarca’s Lawyer the Front Man?
Saul Friedman is accused of being the financial front man for Patriarca’s organization. Friedman, Patriarca’s lawyer, is claimed to have made the investments and traveled around the country for Patriarca’s interests in Las Vegas, and to Texas and Oklahoma in connection “with possible oil and/or natural gas investments for the group.”
Racing Form magazine - tied to illegal gambling - is produced by Francesco “Frank” Farrara, a former aide to Boston Mayor Michael Curley.
Farrara and Patriarca’s history goes back to when they both were in prison in Charlestown, MA between 1937 and 1940.
Page 36 and 37
The FBI look at the Country Loan and Finance Corp - the bank founded by Joseph Mollicone (the father of Joe Mollicone, Jr. who was convicted of being one of perpetrators that caused the collapse of the Rhode Island Credit Unions in 1990).
Connection to RI Toy Company
The FBI look at the relationship between Patriarca and Eastern Toy Distribution, a company lead by Leon Glantz, David Chase, Samuel Chase and Maurice Hendel.
The company had sister companies across the country.
The FBI look at the relationship between David “Duddie” Massad and the Patriarca organization. Massad today is the head of Commerce Bank in Worcester and has been one of the biggest auto dealers in New England.
The FBI looks at 12 businesses for their ties to the Patriarca crime family.
Related Slideshow: Patriarca Papers Entry 4
- The Patriarca Papers - FBI Files of the Boss of the New England Crime Family
- GoLocalTV: Previewing Section 1 of the Patriarca Papers
- Law Enforcement Experts Weigh in on The Patriarca Papers’ Entry 1
- Cheat Sheet 1 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils GOP Advisor, Las Vegas, and Criminal Record
- The Patriarca Papers Experts
- Glossary of The Patriarca Papers Terms
- Was Federal Hill Safer When Raymond Patriarca Was in Charge?
- The Patriarca Papers - Entry 1
- Cheat Sheet 3 The Patriarca Papers – Ties to NY Families, Biltmore and Listening Devices
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 3, Part 1
- Cheat Sheet 3, Part 2 The Patriarca Papers – Supreme Court Justice, Miami Trip, & Col. Stone
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 2, Part 1
- Cheat Sheet 2 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils Mollicone and Prison Break Murders
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 3, Part 2