Fit for Life: Success Takes Time on All Levels
Saturday, September 08, 2018
The same goes with trying to be successful in your career. It's a big task.
Long hours, full schedules of work, emails, errands, etc. when you look at the whole picture, these are huge mountains to climb, but you can't get to the top in one giant step, it takes lots of smaller steps to get to the top.
One of the first steps one needs to take is to start eliminating small negatives that effect your health or life in general. I was with my cousin the other day and she ordered an iced coffee with extra/extra of cream and sugar. She wants to lose some weight, so I informed her that cutting 4 of these drinks weekly will reduce her empty calorie consumption by 1000. Another small change you could make would be to pack your own lunch. You would be able to eat quality food, measure the proper amount and save about $8 a day.
Plus, you would save yourself 1/2 of your lunch break getting your food. Another small step in your quest for health would be to get to bed on time. The benefits of a good nights rest are invaluable, they are but not limited to increased energy, elevated mood, cellular repair, muscle growth, just to name a few, and this is a habit that is cost-free.
Eating breakfast is another small yet important habit to get into. When we sleep we basically fast, so to not have anything to eat before starting your day will not only lower your energy levels, it slows your metabolism, causing you to store more and burn less body fat. This can be avoided by eating 2 hard boiled eggs prepared the night before and some fruit and you have a quick healthy jump start to your day. Another small step that is time efficient is to crank up a couple short 15-30-minute workouts during the week. You could do a non-stop body weight /plyometric workout, just about anywhere and even if you already hit the gym, these workouts will torch body fat while maintaining muscle.
I am in an industry where I hear a lot of excuses, and reasons why someone "can't", and it is my job to make people believe that they can. If you pile a mound too big for someone to climb, they will most likely fail, but if you present this mound one stone at a time, the intimidation factor diminishes, and the success rate rises. I say to conquer your fitness and health goals one small positive change at a time, but you must initiate and take the first step.
Success takes time on all levels.
- Fit For Life: Don’t Cut Gym Time This Summer
- Fit For Life: It’s Not Supposed to be Easy
- Fit For Life: Erase Negative Thoughts
- Fit For Life: Be Grateful & Enjoy Your Day
- Fit For Life: Make Life Happen For You
- Fit For Life: Stay Strong, Focused on Being Better at Everything
- Fit For Life: Follow The Right Path
- Fit For Life: Why Are We Here
- Fit For Life: Know What You Put in Your Body
- Fit For Life: Desire, Drive & Discipline
- Fit For Life: When It’s Cold & Rainy It Gets You to the Gym
- Fit For Life: Being Fit & Healthy Isn’t Easy
- Fit For Life: Success is Not Easy
- Fit for Life: How You do Anything is How You do Everything
- Fit for Life: Life is Waiting For You, What Are You Waiting For?
- Fit for Life: Making Sacrifices
- Fit For Life: If You Fail to Plan, Then Plan to Fail
- Fit For Life: Back to School
- Fit For Life: Sometimes It’s Important NOT to do Something
- Fit for Life: Desire, Drive & Discipline
- Fit For Life: The Formula for Fitness
- Fit For Life: Nothing Good Comes Easy
- Fit For Life: Stand Out & be the Minority