Fit For Life: Being Fit & Healthy Isn’t Easy
Saturday, June 02, 2018
There are many personal obstacles as well as outside distractions that derail us from our mission, and I am here to help you overcome a few.
It is difficult enough for people that like to work out to find the time, and people that know how to eat healthy, stay disciplined and focused, imagine how tough it is for the uninformed and unmotivated.
Obstacle #1- marketing and advertising.
Everyone wants to get results the quickest way possible, doing the least amount of work, and I have said it over and over again that there is no easy way.
It takes time energy and intensity to be fit.
You will not get it in 4 mins a day, or by eating at a chain sandwich shop, because some guy claims he lost 100# eating at the restaurant.
You won't get abs in 8 mins. a day without a proper eating plan, and you will not get fit at home watching videos unless you follow the program with intensity and read the fine print.
So, do not give in to all the fancy ads, if it says easy or quick, it is a lie.
It is hard work, but anything worth having requires hard work. Many people fall prey to these quick fix schemes, and when they fall short of unrealistic goals, they get discouraged and quit. So, do not start a program with unrealistic goals, and remember, there is no easy way. You need to set small attainable goals, and make fitness and health part of your lifestyle, and stop hoping for a quick or easy way.
Another obstacle is peer pressure.
If your friends are unfit and unhealthy, they want you to be right there with them, and will do all sorts of things to sabotage your goals and hopes. They tell you look fine, or you need to live a little, then they will tempt you with unhealthy food, or try to distract you from going to the gym regularly. True friends will want the best for you and encourage you to do positive things for yourself, so associate yourself with people that have your best interest in mind.
Being fit and healthy is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, and it is a lifestyle you shouldn't have to justify or defend. When I hear that I am too conscious, or I let fitness run my life, or I take it too far, I don't feel the need to explain myself, nor do I have the desire to critique negative aspects of someone else's lifestyle. You need to live with yourself, and if you choose the path to better health and fitness, then consider that a positive thing, and you don’t need to defend yourself for having that mindset.
I feel that taking care of yourself is a normal, primal instinct, and feel that knowingly consuming products that are harmful of damaging to your body is not an ideal lifestyle, so know that you are doing the right thing, stay the course, and let your critics enjoy their doctors visit.
The last obstacle I will discuss is all about you.
Many people don’t go to a gym to exercise because they feel self-conscious or are too insecure with themselves to take that step into the unknown. I say that you need to get over it and loose the mind trash.
Ya see, you are the only one thinking about that stuff. Everyone had to start somewhere, and you are no different. You can’t go through life worrying what everyone else is thinking, and most of the people in the gym are experiencing the same pain as you and need the help and encouragement that you do.
Yes, there will be people more fit than you, but when someone at work makes more money than you, do you not go to work? I don’t think so. You have as much of a right to be healthy as anyone else, so don’t be self-conscious, embarrassed, or ashamed to be there.
Besides, the fit people are focusing on themselves, and not you, and the people worrying about what you are doing should be focusing on themselves instead. You should be proud of yourself for making positive changes in your life and stop feeling self-conscious. Everyone that makes an attempt to better themselves should be praised, and if you are walking into a gym, you are a brave soul and should walk with confidence, not embarrassment.
- Fit For Life: What’s Wrong With You?
- Fit For Life: Follow Through - Stick to Your Goals!
- Fit For Life: Practices for Success
- Fit For Life: Avoid the Negativity
- Fit For Life: Better Yourself on a Daily Basis
- Fit For Life: What Kind of HO Are You?
- Fit For Life: Mind Set is Everything. Your Decisions Make You Who You Are Today & Tomorrow
- Fit For Life: Can You Say You’ll Have No Regrets?
- Fit For Life: Changing Habits Starts With Changing Your Mindset
- Fit For Life: Holiday Excuses. Don’t Let Holidays Compromise Your Health, You’re # 1
- Fit For Life: New Year, New Successes, Stay the Course
- Fit For Life: We Have Enemies
- Fit For Life: Demographics, Wealth, and Health
- Fit For Life: It’s Not Supposed to be Easy
- Fit For Life: Stay Strong, Focused on Being Better at Everything
- Fit For Life: Don’t Cut Gym Time This Summer
- Fit For Life: Erase Negative Thoughts
- Fit For Life: Be Grateful & Enjoy Your Day
- Fit For Life: Follow The Right Path
- Fit For Life: When It’s Cold & Rainy It Gets You to the Gym
- Fit for Life: Talking About Mortality
- Fit For Life: Why Are We Here
- Fit For Life: Know What You Put in Your Body
- Fit For Life: Desire, Drive & Discipline
- Fit For Life: Make Life Happen For You