slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 28, 2017
Friday, July 28, 2017
This weekend’s events include the Newport Folk Festival, the Newport Antique Show, the Save the Bay Swim and more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 28, 2017
Candy Store Cup Superyacht Regatta at Newport Shipyard
The Candy Store Cup 2017 Superyacht Regatta carries forward the tradition of the Newport Bucket.
Be sure to check it out.
Caleb Cole: "Forget Me Not" Artist Talk & Cocktails at Newport Art Museum
Check out the Caleb Cole artist talk and cocktails at Newport Art Museum.
Guests are encouraged to attend in elaborate, floral, campy, vintage or festive dress, and will enjoy a complimentary flower-themed cocktail in return.
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Image is part of Caleb Cole's "Language of Flowers."
Start at the Top Half-Price Raw Bar at Top of Newport
Begin the weekend with Top of Newport’s Half-Price Raw Bar.
A variety of the freshest seafood including succulent shrimp and locally sourced oysters on the half shell and littleneck clams accompanied by an assortment of condiments.
The raw bar goes from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Newport Folk Festival at Fort Adams
The Newport Folk Festival features four stages of music, food, vendors and other exhibits.
Performers include The Avett Brothers, Wilco, Drive by Truckers (pictured) and much more.
The festival begins Friday, July 28 and runs through Sunday, July 30.
Cultural Survival Bazaar: A Festival of Indigenous Arts and Culture Tiverton Four Corners Arts Center
This free admission, family-friendly festival features art, crafts and other ethically made cultural products created by Native artists from around the world.
Attendees can enjoy demonstrations by artists, Indigenous cuisine, and live music. Talk with Indigenous artists about their crafts and cultures and more.
The festival goes from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Save the Bay Swim
The Save the Bay Swim goes from the Newport Naval Base to Potters Cove in Jamestown.
The Swim is Save The Bay’s largest annual fundraiser, serving as a critical support to their efforts to protect and restore the Narragansett Bay region.
Mixology Master Class at The Vanderbilt Grace
Learn the art of mixing drinks at the Vanderbilt Grace from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Guests enjoy complimentary Small Bites’, as they shake up concoctions beside our resident Mixologists.
Newport Antiques Show at Saint George's School Ice Rink
The Newport Antiques Show is a mecca for collectors with its luxurious atmosphere and sophisticated style. This year, the show is celebrating its 11th year with an updated program and new activities while visitors discover antiques, art, jewelry, vintage fine accessories and photographs in one convenient venue.
The show will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Hellenic Fest at St Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church
Hellenic Fest is St Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church's annual festival which dates back to 1983.
This year the Newport Hellenic Dancers will be celebrating the group's 15th anniversary and will present a retrospective of the last 15 years, including dances from all over Greece and Epirus
Sunday hours go from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Steel Drum Brunch at Christie's
Every Sunday, Christie's hosts a steel drum brunch featuring music, tiki cocktails, and Bloody Mary's.
Items on the menu include:
- Bolo breakfast sandwich
- Scallion scrambled eggs, pork belly, spicy mayo
- Banana sweet bread French toast
- Lobster eggs benedict
- Traditional eggs benedict
- Steak and eggs
The brunch goes from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 30, 2017
- Newport Jazz Fest Offering Discounted Tickets for Local Residents Through July 4
- Newport Arboretum Teams With Salve Regina to Host Summer Landscape Series
- Newport Historical Society to Put on Reenactment of 1777 British Occupation
- Newport’s Sailors for the Sea Named Environmental Innovator of the Year
- Newport’s Florez Taps Controversial Prov Politico to Run His Campaign for Senate
- RI’s Kiel James Patrick Talks About Building an American Brand and the Newport Flagship Store
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 16
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Mens Short-Shorts, Unrequited Love & Wedding Invitation Etiquette
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 23, 2017
- Jackie & JFK’s Newport Wedding Brought to Life With Return to Camelot Presentation
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 7, 2017
- Newport Dem Senate Primary Goes to Progressive Euer, Who Faces GOP’s Smith in August
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Party Etiquette, Friendship Dilemmas, Resort Wear + Anorexia
- Is the Battle for Newport Senate Seat the Preview to 2018 Elections in RI?
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 21, 2017
- Newport Bridgefest 2017 Set to Begin on July 31
- LIVE: Nenner Says Gurney’s Newport Spent $12 Million on Rebranding & Renovating the Property
- Newport Historical Society to Host American Revolution Walking Tour
- Over 600 Sailors Take Part in Annual Newport Regatta
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Doggy Bag Etiquette, Fender Benders, Hospitality Etiquette + More
- Newport Music Festival Set to Kick Off 2nd Weekend
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend- July 14, 2017
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Picnic Tips, Handling Guests, + Women’s Short Shorts