slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 16
Friday, June 16, 2017
This weekend’s events include the music series at Newport Vineyards, the Pierre Cardin Fashion Show at the Breakers, the Newport Gulls and much more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below!
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 16, 2017
Columbus' Ships, the Nina and the Pinta Are in Newport
For the history buffs.
Replicas of Christopher Columbus’ ships the Nina and the Pinta will be docked at Fort Adams as part of an enhanced sailing museum.
The public is invited to walk aboard the ships for a self-guided tour every day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The ships leave Newport on Monday.
Newport Gulls vs Keene at Cardines Field
The Newport Gulls are back at home to take on Keene at Cardines Field.
Newport is currently 2-5 on the season.
First pitch is set for 6:30 p.m.
Secret Garden Tours Around Newport
Discover gardens that you never knew existed by taking a walking tour of private gardens located in Newport.
Each tour features about a dozen gardens.
Tours run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pierre Cardin Fashion Show at the Breakers
Legendary fashion designer Pierre Cardin's work will be on display during a fashion runway show at The Breakers to help introduce a new fashion exhibition highlighting some of his greatest work.
The fashion show will feature almost 90 looks demonstrating a range of his work and some of his best projects.
The fashion show begins at 5 p.m. and will be followed by a champagne reception.
NOTE: It was announced on Thursday that Cardin would not be there.
Weekend Music Series at Newport Vineyards: Silverteeth
Head to Newport Vineyards to drink some great wine and listen to great music from the band Silverteeth.
The group will perform from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Norman Bird Sanctuary's 11th Annual 5K Run/Walk
Head to Norman Bird Sanctuary for the 11th annual 5K run or walk.
The run goes from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and will take participants past second and third beach as well as through the Sanctuary.
Kids can participate by joining the Frosty Freez Kids’ Run.
Following the run, there will be music by DJ Butch as well as drinks and an award ceremony back at the Sanctuary.
Bristol Oyster Festival at DeWolf Tavern
The Bristol Oyster Festival includes more than six varieties of oysters with live shucking demonstrations, music, a silent auction, food trucks and much more.
The festival is a great way to celebrate Father’s day while giving to the March of Dimes.
Last year, the festival raised over $6000 for the March of Dimes.
The festival goes from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bloody Mary Bar at Top of Newport
Spend part of you Father's day at the Bloody Mary Bar at the Top of Newport.
The Top of Newport provides everything you need to build your own drink and blend it with any combination of vodka, celery salt and more.
The bar is open from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Free Admission for Dads at the Newport Car Museum
The Newport Car Museum is giving dads free admission on Father's Day when accompanied by a family member.
The car museum features some of the coolest cars that you can find includes Corvettes, Fords, and Fin cars.
The museum is open daily at 10 a.m.
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 26, 2017
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Fun Memorial Day Weekend Dates + Sailing Into Summer In Seersucker
- RIB & Rhein Team With Swarovski for Tea Party Fundraiser Benefiting Newport Art Museum
- 40 New Businesses Open in Newport in Time for the Summer Season
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Etiquette of the Trump Family Crests, Guns + Children
- Ground Broken on Breakers’ Visitor Center & Highlights of Start of Newport Summer Season
- City of Newport Launches Newport Re-Uses Program to Help Environment
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Handling Lustful Advances, Umbrella Etiquette, + Wedding Registries
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, Calling Off Wedding + Turning Off Phones
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: May to December Romance, Travel Tipping Guide & 5 Best Proposal Spots
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Handling Eye Rolling, Body-Shaming & Graduate Guidelines
- UPDATED: Blue Cross of RI Asks for Double Digit Rate Increase and Sponsors Newport Polo
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 2, 2017
- Would You Take the Providence-Newport Ferry for $50?
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Newport Flower Show + The Art of Listening + Grandchildren
- Nine Former Newport Gulls’ Players Picked in First 10 Rounds of MLB Draft
- Republican Organizer Vargas on Providence Politics, Newport Senate Race, and More
- Fashion Icon Iris Apfel Coming to Newport on June 22
- Hamilton Star Odom Jr. Coming to Newport Jazz Festival
- 7 Rhode Islanders File to Run for Senate District 13 in Newport and Jamestown
- Preservation Society of Newport Names Dubé-Scherr Director of Museum Affairs
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Polo Tailgating + What to Say About Dyed Hair + Curb Your Dog
- Pasta Beach’s Ropolo Announces Opening of a New Larger Location in Newport on LIVE’s The Taste
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 9, 2017
- Kiel James Patrick Opens Flagship Store on Historic Bowen’s Wharf in Newport