Par + Tackle Restaurant at Harbor Lights is Open for the Season
Friday, May 19, 2017
Harbor Lights is located on Warwick Neck and serves as a great place to dine, relax, play golf and enjoy the summer.
Par + Tackle
Par + Tackle will begin the Spring season opening from Tuesday to Sunday for lunch and dinner.
In the coming weeks, they will also launch brunch, as well as, a weekly entertainment schedule.
Reservations can be made by calling 401-737-6353 ext. 3.
Chef Ray Fiske has created a menu offering some of the following selections:
- small plates: as Hummus + White bean
- Grilled Pizza: Fig + Prosciutto
- A variety of Salads
- Sandwiches like the Cubano our way
- Larger plates with Spring Primavera + Scallops and Tenderloin Tips + Chimichurri
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to This Spring in New England - 2017
One of the best parts about Spring and Summer is the return of Waterfire
Providence WaterFire has grown to be an iconic Rhode Island event. Starting out in 1994 to celebrate it has grown to run continuously, once a month, from May-November and boasts over 80 blazing fires in the middle of the Providence River.
Playing Golf at Harbor Lights
Tee it up at Harbor Lights Country Club and dive right into golf season.
The Spring is a great time to get warmed up and get some swings in before the heart of the season hits in the summer.
Enjoy being back out on the course. Save the super serious golf for the summer.
Lower Heating Bills
As winter will come to a close New Englanders could look forward to spending less money on heating bills.
Although the bitter cold is hitting New England hard, and also therefore hitting their wallets hard, this brutal cold streak will soon come to an end and we'll be able to turn down our thermostats save some cash.
photo credit: Images Money/Flickr
Get your rods and reels ready because with the approach of warmer weather comes the return of fishing seasons. While some New England states allow for fishing year round, many New England states have opening days for trout fishing that begin in early April. Although there is still a plentiful amount of snow on the ground, fishing season is right around the corner.
photo credit: Grand River Conservation Authority/Flickr
Bicycling on the Central Mass Rail Trail
Once the streets are clear of ice and snow and the temperatures rise, one of the most fun things to do in New England is to jump on a bike and go for a nice long ride. There are plenty of bike paths to explore at your leisure, and many cities like Providence, Boston, and Worcester are beginning to make city streets much more bike friendly.
Newport's Spring Restaurant week features more than 50 restaurants serving three-course meals at great prices.
Restaurants include The Mooring, The Black Pearl, Brix at Newport Vineyards and many more.
Newport Restaurant week begins on March 27 and goes until April 7
Walking the Newport Cliff Walk
The Cliff Walk is one of Newport’s most famous attractions is its gilded age mansions lining the coast. Entry to the mansions will cost a fee, but with the Cliff Walk, you can enjoy views of the mansions with amazing views of the water all for free.
The 3.5 mile long path runs behind the mansions on the eastern shore of Newport. It is a National Recreation Trail – the first in New England! The majority of the walk is easy, but be sure to wear good shoes; the sand can make the path slippery.
Outdoor Dining at Boat House Restaurant in Newport
Newport Restaurant Group made this a must-visit spot several years ago and now the expected accolades have followed.
The views of Mount Hope Bay are unparalleled.
Enjoy a nice glass of wine with some lobster fritters that had sweet corn and a chipotle mayo and followed that with pan-roasted George’s Bank scallops with a delightful spring pea risotto, pea greens from Allen Farm and a citrus emulsion.
Spring Vacation on Block Island
Get away from the hustle and bustle of the world and take a spring vacation to Block Island and enjoy all they have to offer.
Maybe a spa? a swim? Some shopping? there are plenty of options.
If Block Island doesn't do it for you, Newport is also a great place to take a break.
Or maybe do both.
Visiting Arcadia National Park in Maine
People have been drawn to the rugged coast of Maine throughout history. Awed by its beauty and diversity, early 20th-century visionaries donated the land that became Acadia National Park.
The park is home to many plants and animals, and the tallest mountain on the U.S. Atlantic coast.
Visit Acadia and hike granite peaks, bike historic carriage roads, or relax and enjoy the scenery.
Newport Craft Beer Festival
The 5th annual Newport Craft Beer Festival is set for Friday, April 28 and Saturday, April 29 at Newport Storm Brewery.
The event will bring in brewers from as far away as California and as close as Newport.
it is a 21+ celebration.
- Top RI Golfers Set for Match Play at Montaup CC
- 9 RI Golfers Competing in 2014 Northeast Amateur at Wannamoisett
- The $20 Million Preserve OPEN, is Announced and Dubbed, “Greatest Day in Golf”
- BENRUS Open is the Next Evolution in Golf
- 10 Great Public Courses to Play Golf
- Dickson, Moses Brown Sweep RIIL Golf State Championships
- Moses Brown Fr. Dickson Shoots 67, Leads RIIL Golf Championship
- Dear John: Pro Golfer Wants To Play Her
- CVS Caremark Charity Classic Hosts Golf Clinics For Veterans
- Getting Out: 10 Great New England Golf Courses + Mini Golf Spots
- CVS Caremark Charity Golf Tournament Field, Events Announced
- 23rd Annual Pizzuti Open Golf Tournament Set For July 31
- URI Alum Henderson Named 62nd PGA Golf Professional of the Year
- Tiger Woods Plans Return to Competitive Golf in October
- Justin Rose Wins Golf’s First Olympic Gold Medal in 112 Years
- Prov’s Welch to Host Golf Clinic for Wolf School, Brother Before Junior Ryder Cup
- UPDATED: Golf Legend Arnold Palmer Passes Away at Age 87
- 100 Hole Golf Marathon to Benefit Burke Fund Set for Tuesday
- Nike to Exit Golf Equipment Business, Tiger Woods to Search for New Clubs
- GoLocalTV: Jeffrey Osborne Celebrity Softball Game & Golf Classic Set for August
- 33 Golfers Set to Take Part in 100 - Hole Golf Marathon
- URI & Bryant Golf Coaches Set to Enter RI Golf Hall of Fame
- The Players Championship & One of Golf’s Most Famous Holes
- Golf’s #1 Player is Latest in List of Athletes Pulling Out of Olympics Due to Zika Virus
- Golf Star Jordan Spieth Attends Brown Home Game to Watch Brother Steven