slides: 50 Top College Endowments In New England
Thursday, February 14, 2013
GoLocal used the new 2012 National Association of College and University Business Officers and Commonfund Institute (NACUBO-Commonfund) Study of Endowments data to name New England's Top 50 College Endowments. The results are based on 831 U.S. college and university endowments and affiliated foundations, representing over $406 billion in endowment assets.
The percentage change values listed for the participating institutions DO NOT represent the rate of return for the endowments’ investments. Rather, the percentage change in the market value of an endowment from FY 2011 to FY 2012 reflects the net impact of withdrawals to fund institutional operations and capital expenses; the payment of endowment management and investment fees; additions from donor gifts and other contributions; and investment gains or losses.
The market values also include the estimated valuations of real estate and other “illiquid” assets, which may have large increases or decreases in value during a relatively short period of time. In addition, transfers to the endowment from other institutional budget accounts may account for the differences in growth in endowment assets. These factors suggest that any large increases or decreases in endowments over the past year
may be exaggerated. As such, large percentage changes should be interpreted very cautiously.
- NEW: Brown Named Top 20 College in US—Forbes Ranking
- NEW: Brown, RISD Ranked Top Student Choice Colleges by Parchment
- NEW: Brown Drops In New Best College Ranking—Business Insider
- NEW: Brown, Roger Williams Named Best Colleges for Food
- New England’s Best Values in Colleges + Universities
- NEW: Brown, URI Named Top 10 Colleges for Marijuana Activism
- Rhode Island’s Highest Paid College Presidents
- NEW: Johnson & Wales Named #2 Most Crime-Rattled College in US
- Brown, URI, PC Make Princeton Review’s Best Colleges Lists
- NEW: URI, RIC Named Best Public Colleges by US News
- GoLocal’s College Guide 2012
- NEW: US News Names Best Colleges 2013—How Did the Locals Do?
- NEW: Brown Named #13 Most Entrepreneurial College in US