Rhode Island’s Highest Paid College Presidents
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Chronicle of Higher Education has released a far-reaching analysis of the total compensation for college leaders nationwide, combining base pay, bonus pay, deferred compensation, nontaxable benefits and other pay. Note: CHE uses data from 2010, so the list includes 2 presidents--Roy Nirschel from Roger Williams and Ruth Simmons from Brown--who are no longer at these schools but nonetheless provide an interesting vista into compensation packages at their respective universities.
Who tops the list nationally? Former US Senator Bob Kerrey, The New School's president through 2010 (the year for which the rankings are generated), is ranked #1 with a total compensation package worth $3,047,703. See below for how Rhode Island's educational elite stack up.
- BREAKING: Simmons To Leave Brown
- NEW: Ruth J. Simmons Honored by American Council on Education
- NEW: Brown, PC to Honor Ruth Simmons with Beethoven’s 9th
- NEW: Hassenfeld Family Initiatives Donates $1M to Bryant
- NEW: Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Bryant University