PC’s Kris Dunn Will Declare for 2016 NBA Draft
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Providence guard Kris Dunn will officially declare for the 2016 NBA Draft, according to reports.
Dunn is projected as a top five pick in this year's draft by DraftExpress.com.
Dunn at Providence
This past season, Dunn averaged 16.4 points, 6.2 assists and 5.3 rebounds per game for PC, leading them to the second round of the NCAA Tournament as a redshirt junior.
The Friars went 23-10 overall this season, and 10-8 in the Big East, making the tournament for the third straight season.
In 2014-15, Dunn averaged 15.6 points, 7.5 assists and 5.5 rebounds per game for the Friars before choosing to come back to PC instead of going to the NBA.
Dunn was named the Big East Player of the Year and the defensive player of the year in each of the past two seasons.
The NBA Draft is set for June 23 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Related Slideshow: Kris Dunn’s Top 5 Games at The Dunkin’ Donuts Center
URI vs. Providence
In a duel between E.C. Matthews and Kris Dunn, it was Dunn's Friars that won their 4th straight game over the Rams.
Dunn finished the game with 22 points on 7 of 10 shooting from the field, and 8 of 10 from the free throw line, 9 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 assists.
Dunn's performance helped PC snap a three game losing streak.
St. John's vs. Providence
Kris Dunn led kicked off the New Year by leading the Friars with 26 points on 9 of 17 shooting from the field, including 4 of 7 from three-point land.
In the second half when St. John's cut the Friars lead to 6, 56-50, Dunn took over the game, scoring PC's next 8 points, sparking the Friars to a blowout victory.
Dunn also grabbed 9 rebounds, dished out 6 assists and had 3 steals in the game.
Dunn also had this massive dunk:
The Friars were off to a 2-0 start in conference play.
For more on this game, click here.
Xavier vs. Providence
Dunn netted 20 points on 6-of-12 shooting from the field, grabbed 10 rebounds and dished out 8 assists, nearly recording a triple-double. Dunn also added three steals to his stat line.
Dunn's 20 points, including clutch free throws in overtime helped the Friars avoid a near disaster and remain in a tie for 2nd place in the Big East.
Georgetown vs. Providence
Coming in, Providence had lost three straight games and absolutely had to have the game against Georgetown.
Kris Dunn finished the game with 20 points on 5 of 11 shooting from the field and 10 of 16 from the free throw line.
Dunn also grabbed 6 rebounds, dished out 5 assists, recorded 2 steals. Defensively, Dunn helped hold Smith-Rivera to just 3 points on 1 of 8 shooting from the field.
DePaul vs. Providence
Kris Dunn notched his first career triple-double against DePaul with a career high 27 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists.
Dunn's 27 points came on 10-of-15 shooting, including 3-of-4 from three-point land.
Dunn became the first Friar since Geoff McDermott to record a triple-double and was the first Friar EVER to record a triple-double in Big East play.
More history, Dunn became only the ninth Big East player to record a triple-double in conference play.
Kris Dunn nearly had a triple-double in the first half, netting 10 points, dishing out 7 assists and grabbing nine rebounds.
For more on this game, click here.
Dunn added another triple-double this season against Hartford.
For more on that game, click here.
- REPORT: Kris Dunn To Return to PC
- Kris Dunn: 15 to Watch in RI in 2015
- Breaking News: PC’s Kris Dunn Out for Season with Shoulder Injury
- Exclusive: Kris Dunn Will Commit To PC
- NEW: Kris Dunn to Return to PC
- Kris Dunn’s Dunk En Route to a Triple-Double
- Kris Dunn’s Top 5 Games at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center
- Is Ben Bentil Out Playing Kris Dunn in The Big East?
- NEW: Kris Dunn’s Insane Layup Gets Him to 1,000 Points
- SEE IT AGAIN: Kris Dunn’s Game Winning Step Back Jumper
- PC’s Kris Dunn Named Big East Player of the Year
- PC’s Dunn Named Big East Co-Defensive Player of the Year
- NEW: PC’s Henton, Dunn Selected to All-Big East First Team
- PC’s Dunn Named Co-Big East Player of the Year
- Triple - Double Earns PC’s Dunn Big East Player of the Week Honors
- Dunn’s Triple - Double Leads PC Past DePaul, 83-72
- Dunn’s Double-Double Leads Friars Past Hurricanes, 76-62 in Brooklyn
- PC’s Dunn Earns Big East Player of the Week Honors
- Friars Dunn Named Mid-Season All-American by Sporting News
- NEW: PC’s Dunn Ranked 2nd Best Player in Country
- PC’s Dunn Named Top 20 Finalist for Wooden Award
- SEE IT AGAIN: Cartwright to Dunn Ally-Oop
- PC’s Dunn & Bentil Named to All-Big East First Team
- PC’s Dunn & Bentil Named Defensive Player & Most Improved in Big East
- Dunn Returns as #10 Providence Rolls UMass 90-66
- SEE IT AGAIN: PC’s Dunn Posterizes St. John’s Player
- Dunn’s Game Winner Gives #12 PC 50-48 Win Over Creighton