Cicilline to Take T.F. Green Air Traffic Controller as Guest to State of the Union
Monday, February 04, 2019
Green was forced to work for 35 days without pay during the recent government shutdown.
“I’m honored to be attending the State of the Union with Congressman Cicilline this week. After missing two paychecks as a result of the federal government shutdown, I hope that this is something no other working man or woman ever has to go through,” said Green.
Cicilline added, "Either the President didn’t know, or he didn’t care, that shutting down the government hurt hundreds of thousands of working families like Jamie’s. Now he’s threatening another shutdown in one week. This cannot happen. Working men and women should never be used as bargaining chips by the President. I’m hoping that Jamie’s attendance will remind the President that his reckless governing style comes with a human toll attached."
Green served five years in the U.S. Navy, and was forced to work without pay for the duration of the shutdown, along with her husband Gordon, who also works as an air traffic control at T.F. Green.
Green has been an FAA employee since September 2006.
She and her husband, who is a native of Newport, have lived in Middletown for more than a decade.
They live there with their two children.
Related Slideshow: PHOTOS: Inauguration Day - January 1, 2019
- In 2014, Chafee, Cicilline, and McCain Were 3 of the Most Unpopular Politicians in U.S.
- Not Since Nixon Has an Administration Been This Embroiled in Corruption, Says Cicilline
- Cicilline Announces 2018 Congressional App Challenge
- Cicilline Calls Trump Administration’s Cutting of Refugee Admissions “Shameful”
- VIDEO: Councilwoman Cicilline-Buonanno Pulled Over On National TV
- Cicilline to Introduce Bill Banning 3-D Printed Guns
- VIDEO: Cicilline on “Terrible” Zero Tolerance Policy After Touring Texas Detention Facility
- Cicilline Applauds Supreme Court Decision Allowing States to Collect Sales Tax on Online Retailers
- Weiss: Cicilline to Reintroduce Resolution to Reestablish House Aging Committee
- VIDEO: Cicilline Talks Federal Shutdown and Critical to Count Every Rhode Islander in Census
- VIDEO: Langevin and Cicilline Reject Trump’s Proposal on Ending the Shutdown
- Cicilline to Chair Antitrust Subcommittee—Inconsistent Record on Corporate Mergers
- Cicilline Says Supreme Court Ruling on Travel Ban “Undermines Our Security & Our Values”
- Cicilline Issues Statement on Resignation of EPA Chief Pruitt
- Cicilline Announces Run for a Top House Leadership Position
- BREAKING: Cicilline-Buonanno Quits Narragansett Town Council Race
- Cicilline Issues Statement on Passing of Doña Fefa
- Cicilline Called for Sessions’ Resignation in 2017 - Now Criticizes Trump For AG’s Departure
- Cicilline Wins Re-Election, Now Seeks Top Democratic Leadership Slot
- FBI Issues Statement and Cicilline Condemns Attempted Bombings of Obamas, Clintons and Others
- UPDATED: Congressman Cicilline Coached Sister on Press Response After Stop by Police on Live TV