Cheat Sheet 50, FBI Files: Winter Hill Gang, Bonded Vault, Bevilacqua’s Relationship with Patriarca
Monday, July 18, 2016
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 1 Patriarca was quoted as saying that his legal problems were due yo “corrupt federal officials” and the FBI did not appreciate his comments.
PAGE 1 Patriarca Denies knowledge of who did the Bonded Vault Robbery
PAGE 3 An informant said Patriarca received $64,000 from the Bonded Vault Robbery
PAGE 7 One individual wanted for his role in the Bonded Vault Robbery is arrested in Las Vegas and he too told the FBI that Patriarca received a $64,000 share payment.
PAGE 21 “State Commission on Judicial Tenure and Disciplne is currently conducting closed hearings concerning Chief Justice JOSEPH BEVILACQUA, Rhode Island Supreme Court, regarding the facts that BEVILACQUA wrote a letter to the Rhode Island Parole Board prior to RAYMOND PATRIARCA’s January, 1975 parole supporting the parole for PATRIARCA.”
PAGE 23 1976 Election a Big Win for the Mafia in RI
“During the 11/76 REDACTED advised that as a result of the recent elections, the criminal element in Rhode Island feels they have gained inroads in the state government inasmuch as REDACTED was elected REDACTED said that REDACTED was from North Providence, Rhode Island is closely aligned with various members of the hoodlum element, including PATRIARCA.
PAGE 26 “…PATRIARCA has attempted to have a sit down with the Winter Hill people to discuss the money allegedly owed to them by REDACTED.
PAGE 49 Joseph Scanlon AKA Joey Onion has been missing since April 2, 1978.
PAGE 59 The Cumberland Coin Company in Woonsocket gets robbed by Patriarca’s crew for $265,000.
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 50
- Cheat Sheet 50, FBI Files: Winter Hill Gang, Bonded Vault, Bevilacqua’s Relationship with Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 49, FBI Files: Las Vegas Casinos, RI Corruption, Callei Murder, Bonded Vault
- Cheat Sheet 48, FBI Files: Patriarca Asks to Appear on CBS News with Cronkite
- Cheat Sheet 47, FBI Files: Patriarca Runs His Crime Organization from Jail
- Cheat Sheet 46, FBI Files: Is Patriarca Losing Power? Gang War Coming?
- Cheat Sheet 45, FBI Files: Valachi Called to be Deposed in Patriarca’s Suit Against Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 44, FBI Files: 20 Murders, Coia, Worcester Cop
- Cheat Sheet 43, FBI Files: Nazis, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Civil Rights
- Cheat Sheet 42 The Patriarca Papers – Nazis, Negroes and Buying a Chevy Dealership
- Cheat Sheet 41, FBI Files: Bianco, Bombs Outlawed, Volpe and Warwick Musical Theatre
- Cheat Sheet 40, FBI Files: Collapse of the Bonanno Family, Bodies in a Car, Dynamite on the Engine
- Cheat Sheet 39 - The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca’s Ongoing Hatred for Robert Kennedy)
- Cheat Sheet 38 - The Patriarca Papers (Helen Patriarca Dies of Cancer, Numerous Hits Ordered)
- Cheat Sheet 37 The Patriarca Papers – Stealing Typewriters, Flemmi, Barbosa, Italian Federal Judge
- Cheat Sheet 36 - The Patriarca Papers (Union Problems for Gilbane, Sinatra, Nazi’s and Murders)
- Cheat Sheet 35 The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca and Mayor Doorley)
- Cheat Sheet 34 The Patriarca Papers (Valachi, $400k for Goat Island in Newport, and Bellotti)
- Cheat Sheet 33 The Patriarca Papers - Hoffa, Bianco, Suing the Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 32 The Patriarca Papers – Arrival of Nick Bianco and $70k in Stolen Underwear
- Cheat Sheet 31 The Patriarca Papers – Jimmy Hoffa, Diamonds from Zayre’s, Governor Volpe
- Cheat Sheet 30 The Patriarca Papers – Patriarca Asks Paolino to Help with Bay View, Notte’s Cash
- Cheat Sheet 29, FBI Files: Sen Pastore Bribed, Ed Brooke Investigation, Fogarty Party
- Cheat Sheet 28, FBI Files: Bobby Kennedy, Money and Women to Notte, and Bombing
- Cheat Sheet 27, FBI Files: FBI Tips League About Patriots’ Betting, Chafee’s Impact on Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 26, FBI Files: Patriot Players Betting on Games, F. Lee Bailey, Dean Martin and Sinatra