Cheat Sheet 19, FBI Files: FBI Worried Patriarca is Going to Kill IRS Agent
Monday, December 14, 2015
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 7 New England Telephone Raises Questions About FBI Tapping Patriarca
In a highly redacted section of the FBI file, it appears that the staff at New England Telephone balked at the wiretap on Raymond Patriarca’s:
“Today REDACTED advised that reluctantly and regretfully REDACTED since he felt any action on part of the company might be interpreted as an invasion of the customer’s privacy and therefore a violation of law,” according to the Memo from the Boston Office of the FBI to J. Edgar Hoover.
PAGE 14 “The Grey Book”
A January of 1962 FBU unveils that an informant says he saw Raymond Patriarca go towards the cellar of the Coin-O-Matic and reach for a “Gray-type book which appeared to be a record-type of book.”
This is the first-time that the “book” had been identified.
PAGE 22 Another tie between Duddie and the Patriarca Crime Family
Associates of Patriarca drive a car tied to Duddies in Worcester, according to an FBI memo — this is another in a series of connections between Patriarca and Duddie.
“revealed that Massachusetts Registration “D8A” is issued to Duddies of Worcester, Inc, doing business as Duddies Cadillac City, 616 Park Avenue, Worcester, Massachusetts.”
After month of planning, it is confirmed in a March 8, 1962 Memo that the wiretaps were installed, “Even though the temperature was in the lower 20’s and a strong wind was blowing, this vital facet of the installation was successfully completed on 3/3/62.”
“Cars were strategically located in the area to prevent persons from entering the building while Agents were working inside,” said the memo.
PAGE 72 Governor and Senator’s Dispute Over Horse Track Ownership
According to an informant, the father of former Governor Foster Furcolo is being sued former State Senator Joseph Murphy. The horse track in dispute in located in Berkshire County.
“Murphy alleges that Furcolo’s father forced Murphy to release Murphy’s interest in the track, otherwise the track would not receive any licensed dates for operation in the state.”
PAGE 74 Was $60,000 being funneled through Eisenhower to fund Nixon
“Patriarca believed this man could be taking pictures of his business place and the person who frequent it. In addition, he was worried because the man could be very effectively use a rifle from behind the draperies. Patriarca said (to an informant) he intend to send one of his men to this apartment on 3/16/62 disguised as a mechanic and effectively resolve this situation.”
Further the memo warns, “Our Boston Office immediately advised the IRS that we had received information their undercover agent had been discovered and was in danger of serious harm.”
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 19
- Cheat Sheet 1 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils GOP Advisor, Las Vegas, and Criminal Record
- Cheat Sheet 2 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils Mollicone and Prison Break Murders
- Cheat Sheet 3 The Patriarca Papers – Ties to NY Families, Biltmore and Listening Devices
- Cheat Sheet 3, Part 2 The Patriarca Papers – Supreme Court Justice, Miami Trip, & Col. Stone
- Cheat Sheet 4, FBI Files Unveils the Business Ties of Patriarca’s Lawyers
- Cheat Sheet 5, FBI Files Unveils His Girl Friend, the Media is to Blame and JP Morgan
- Cheat Sheet 6, FBI Files Unveils Patriarca’s Ties to Port and Alleged Connection to Drugs
- Cheat Sheet 13: Patriarca’s Home’s Property Tax is $421 and Bugging the Coin-O-Matic
- Cheat Sheet 9, FBI Files: Patriarca, Gov. Notte, Mayor Curley and So Much More
- Cheat Sheet 14, FBI Files: IQ of 80, Dunes Hotel in Vegas and Howard Johnsons
- Cheat Sheet 10, FBI Files Unveils the Big Wedding, Patriarca’s Girl and Senate Testimony
- Cheat Sheet 17, FBI Files: Patriarca Ties to Brink’s Robbery and Jack Witschi’s Sports Arena
- Cheat Sheet 11, The Patriarca Papers Unveil Sam Giancana, Meyer Lansky and Jerry Angiulo
- Cheat Sheet 18, FBI Files: Big Mob Hit, Projo Asks RFK for FBI’s Files, Trouble from “Irishman”
- Cheat Sheet 15, FBI Files: Frank Costello, Auction of White City, and Miami Club
- Cheat Sheet 12, FBI Files: Patriarca and Robert Kennedy, $1M Suit Against Projo
- Cheat Sheet 16, FBI Files: Did Patriarca Have Anything to do with Bugsy Siegel’s Murder?