Former Boy Scouts Asst. Chaplain Arrested for Sexually Assaulting 18-Year-Old Disabled Man
Friday, February 15, 2019
Glawson is charged with three counts of first-degree sexual assault and one count of second-degree sexual assault.
He was ordered held without bail during his arraignment on Friday.
The Investigation is continuing.
The arrest stemmed from an investigation by members of the Rhode Island State Police Detective Division into a complaint recently filed on behalf of an 18-year-old disabled man who allegedly had been sexually assaulted.
As a result of the investigation, detectives learned that Glawson has been affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America since 1980.
From 2012 to 2018, he served as an assistant Catholic chaplain and Eucharistic minister with the Boy Scouts of America at the St. John Bosco Chapel at Yawgoog Scout Reservation, a summer camp in Hopkinton that is run by the Narragansett Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
Glawson also is affiliated with St. Bernard Church in North Kingstown and the Immaculate Conception Church in Westerly.
- State Police Arrest Candidates for AG & Governor on Drug Charges & Delinquency of a Minor
- Auto Dealer Charged By State Police
- RI State Police Offer Halloween Safety Tips
- One Dead and Two Injured in Route 10 Crash Report RI State Police
- RI State Police Arrest Man With 69 Pounds of Marijuana Worth $140K
- Rhode Island State Police Identifies Victims of Two Traffic Fatalities
- RI State Police Charge Woman with DUI 3 Times Legal Limit with Five Children in Car at Lincoln Woods
- RI State Police to Collect School Supplies for Kids, Cops & Classrooms Campaign
- RI State Police to Increase Patrols & Enforcement Over Labor Day Weekend
- RI State Police Arrest 24 on Charges of Food Stamps and Public Assistance Fraud
- RI State Police to Increase Patrols Over New Year’s Holiday
- Manni Named Head of RI State Police by Raimondo
- Former State Police Col. Doherty Praises Manni’s Selection
- RI State Police Arrest 16 People for Driving While Impaired During Holidays
- 65-Year-Old Smithfield Resident Dies in Fatal Crash on Interstate 295, Reports RI State Police