Newport Art Museum Seeking Entries for Members’ Juried Exhibition
Saturday, January 05, 2019
Newport Art Museum is calling for entries for its annual members’ juried exhibition.
The exhibition will be on display from February 2 through March 17.
The Newport Annual is open to all artists who are current members of the Newport Art Museum and whose membership is valid through March 2019.
Artists may submit one work in any media.
ALL WORK MUST BE:
• Original and current (completed in 2018/2019)
• Available for exhibition through March 2019
• Properly prepared for installation and ready to hang
• No larger than 5 feet on the largest/longest side
• New to the Museum; has not been exhibited before at the Museum
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - January 4, 2019
Restorative Yoga & Massage With Shannon & Bodhi Spa At The Sacred Center
During this Friday night Restorative yoga class with Shannon Walker, you’ll experience quietude and relaxation while being gently massaged by therapists from the Bodhi Spa.
No yoga experience is needed.
Yoga goes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Artist Reception: Boyd Totin at St. St. George's School
"POLTERGEIST.stl" is an exhibit by artist Boyd Totin that will be on display in the St. George's Hunter Gallery at the Drury and Grosvenor Center for the Arts.
The exhibit is a multimedia installation consisting of videos, drawings, sculptures, and an assortment of green guns altered specifically to be non-functional.
The reception goes from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Newport Mfa Presents - Bill Roorbach
Bill Roorbach is a visiting faculty member with The Newport MFA at Salve Regina University. He will read from his works, which include the recent collection of stories entitled “The Girl of the Lake,” as well as “The Remedy for Love,” a finalist for the 2015 Kirkus Prize, and the bestselling “Life Among Giants,” which won a Maine Literary Award in 2012. An earlier collection, “Big Bend,” won the Flannery O’Connor and O. Henry prizes in 2000.
The event goes from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Winter Rarities Ecotour at Norman Bird Sanctuary
Hop into the NBS van for a day trip that hits several birding hot spots throughout the region. Coastal New England is known for large number of rare birds visiting in the winter months.
The itinerary is planned to coincide with current sightings reports, so participants have the best chance of spotting rare winter migrants.
This program is designed for all birding skill levels and includes a small amount of low-impact walking.
The tour goes from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Beach Cleanup at Fort Adams
Join Clean Ocean Access on Saturday, January 5th at Fort Adams Park in Newport! From 12:00pm to 2:00pm help cleanup the shoreline and bring your reusable mug for hot coffee provided by Empire Tea and Coffee.
Beach cleanup goes from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Middletown Aquidneck Growers Market at Newport Vineyards
Now in its 22nd season our market has 20 regular vendors, guest artisans and live music every week.
Pick up your groceries and head inside for wine tasting!
The market goes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Traditional Irish Music Session at Fastnet Irish Pub
Live traditional Irish music every Sunday night, hosted by A. O. Gutierrez, Tim May and Jack Wright. Family friendly- arrive early to secure a table if you plan on eating.
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Newport Seal Watch Tour
Join Save the Bay aboard one of their education vessels as we motor through historic Newport Harbor and take in 360º views of seals resting on Citing Rock off of Rose Island and the Newport Bridge.
Save The Bay provides binoculars, and expert guides offer an educational view of our winter marine visitors and the habitat they love.
City Life at Spring Bull Gallery
City living means different things to different people good, bad or indifferent with that in mind please welcome in the New Year and our 289th exhibition at Spring Bull.
The event goes from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rhode Island College Student Takes Top Prize at Newport Art Museum
- Darrell West to Speak at Newport Art Museum on Saturday
- Newport Art Museum to Honor Famed Architect Richard Morris Hunt
- Darrell West Assesses Political Landscape—Newport Art Museum
- RI Photographer Susan Duca Opens Exhibit at Newport Art Museum
- Newport Art Museum Launches Book Club
- Murder Mystery Returns to Newport Art Museum
- Newport Art Museum To Hold Three Talks By Artists
- Darrell West Talks 2016 Election at Newport Art Museum on Saturday
- Whitcomb: Car Dependency and Poverty; Trump Treason Triumph; ‘Unique’ Truck Tolls; Newport Art Fair?
- Newport Art Museum to Kick Off Summer Exhibition Series With Art After Dark
- Newport Art Museum Receives Largest Donation in its History
- RIB & Rhein Team With Swarovski for Tea Party Fundraiser Benefiting Newport Art Museum