RI Beauty Expert: Ageless Beauty in Winter – It Is Possible
Saturday, February 14, 2015
Don’t be afraid to try a gentle peeling mask. Masks are an effective way of removing dead cells which will “unmask” more glow underneath. Make dreaded ashy skin disappear with Dior Hydra Life Beauty Awaking Mask if a peel seems too intense. It nourishes the skin as you massage it in. Macy’s
Get a professional brow shape
Nothing lifts and defines a face better than a simple investment of waxing or threading by a professional. Even aggressive plucking can be remedied with a new brow line to work from later. It’s true that fuller brows give a more youthful look but getting the line in shape will give your face more definition and less of that winter washed-out look. Sukhy’s Threading is a great little place to pop into. Brows are all they do and with five convenient locations: Warwick, Pawtucket, Johnstown, Newport, and Seekonk, you’ll get an updated look during lunch.
Use a face oil
Oils are easily absorbed into winter skin and the extra moisture will yield a plumped-up youthful look, not to mention the welcoming comfort factor. Farmaesthetics Nutrient Dense Fine Facial Oil is a treatment elixir filled with skin-boosting nutrients to re-texture dull skin back to a young, healthy glow. Farmaesthetics, Newport
Many women believe that the older they get, the more foundation they need when the opposite is true. And winter is not the time to overdo any foundation. Prettier younger skin is possible with lighter tinted moisturizers this time of year. Bobbie Brown’s Tinted Moisturizing Balm is great for women who can’t be parted from their opaque foundations. Its light-diffusing pigments cover, highlight and knock off years. Lit from within is the look you’re after. Nordstom.
Parting Note: For those who are really winter-weary, check out Style Week Northeast at the Providence Biltmore running February 13th through 20th. Nothing is more age-defying than fresh new designers and plenty of happy spring clothes.
Donna Macdonald is a freelance writer who enjoys covering topics of interest to women, especially fragrance, style, beauty. She has also written marketing material for a women's book that hit the New York Times Bestseller list and netted her an up close and personal discussion on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Donna currently writes her own personal blog, alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com where she also writes about issues close to a woman's heart. Donna believes that when a woman finds beauty in the world, she will find beauty in herself.
Related Slideshow: 10 Beauty Salons in RI for Your Weekend Prep
Retail Therapy Beauty Bar
1276 Bald Hill Rd., Warwick, RI
This salon offers manicure and pedicure deals paired with chardonnay, champagne and cocktails!
Beauty Lounge at Magnolia
1375 Park Ave., Cranston, RI
Get a luxurious facial before you go out on the town at Magnolia's Beauty Lounge. They offer a variety of treatments including an anti-aging lactic acid peel followed by a multivitamin recovery masque that will help you put your best face forward.
Photo: Beauty Lounge at Magnolia
48 Hillside Rd., Cranston, RI
Located in Garden City, Studio B houses it's very own beauty boutique! After you get your makeup applied you can actually purchase the products.
Photo: Studio B
KY Michaels Salon
442 Wickenden St., Providence, RI
KY Michaels is known for providing the "Best Haircuts" around for men and women.
Photo: KY Michaels Salon
La La Luxe
139 Elmgrove Ave., Providence, RI
La La Luxe Salon offers special conditioning treatments to tame any difficult hair type: brittle/dry/fragile hair, rebellious to curly hair, and lifeless or dull hair can all be remedied in time for the weekend.
Tiffany's Salon and Spa
21 West St., Barrington, RI
Feeling tense after a long work week? Relax with a hot stone massage or Reiki at Tiffany's. They also offer massage packages so you can feel refreshed every weekend!
The W Salon
713 Westminster St., Providence, RI
The W Salon has a Brazilian Blowout treatment that will smooth and tame your rogue hair. Their staff is also Deva certified to properly cut your curly locks.
114 North Main St., Providence, RI, 02903
Moss Salon is one of the only salons around that offers neo-extensions: a hair technique that uses no glue or clips to seamlessly give you longer locks and change your look.
Photo: Moss Salon
Flipp Salon Apothecary
38 Transit St., Providence, RI
Flipp provides services using natural, plant-based products, and offer custom-brewed teas you can sip as you relax and enjoy their beauty treatments.
Photo: Flipp Salon Apothecary
- RI Beauty Insider: Tomboy Style and the Simple Life
- RI Beauty Insider: Pedi Nation – Get the Best Pedicure Ever
- RI Beauty Insider: Wedding Guest Chic
- RI Beauty Insider Editor’s Choice: A Few of My Favorite Things
- RI Beauty Insider: Style Destination – Coppola’s of Watch Hill
- RI Beauty Insider: The Transformative Power of Lipstick
- RI Beauty Insider: Three Simple Steps for a Celestial Complexion
- RI Beauty Insider: Staying Beautiful With Honey
- RI Beauty Insider: Eight Easy Ways to Look Great Tonight
- RI Beauty Insider: Holiday Gift Sets – A Perfect Gift for Her
- RI Beauty Insider: Romantic Valentine’s Day Style
- RI Beauty Insider: Yoga for Beauty
- RI Beauty Insider: Nautical Chic - The Breton T-shirt
- RI Beauty Expert: Pampering Day Spas For Winter Weariness
- RI Beauty Insider: New Year’s Eve Glamour at Home
- RI Beauty Expert: Pin it! Brooches Are Not Just for Grannies
- RI Beauty Expert: The Caring Hour – Before Bed Winter Beauty Rituals
- RI Beauty Expert: Super Bowl style – is There Such a Thing?
- RI Beauty Insider: Poetic Ballet Style
- RI Beauty Insider: The New Hybrids – Perfecting Foundations
- RI Beauty Insider: Get Naked – Nude Makeup for Late Summer Days
- RI Beauty Insider: School Girl Style for Grown-Ups
- RI Beauty Insider: Fall’s Best Trends
- RI Beauty Insider: Change of Season Fragrances – Your New Fall Perfume
- RI Beauty Expert: Fifty Shades of Valentine