slides: Senator Warren Sends Blistering Letter to Trump’s Transition Team
Thursday, November 17, 2016
READ THE FULL LETTER BELOW
Warren wrote, "Based on public reports, your transition team and your potential cabinet include over twenty Wall Street elites, industry insiders, and lobbyists making decisions that could have huge implications for their clients or employers. They include, among many others, a former Goldman Sachs executive who is rumored to be a Treasury Secretary pick; a paid consultant for Verizon who is making key decisions on your administration's Federal Communication Commission; a 'top lobbyist' whose firm lobbied on behalf of issues related to the Trans-Pacific Partnership who is shaping your Labor Department; and a climate-change-denying, oil industry-paid think tank fellow who is leading your environmental team's transition."
She continued, "You made numerous promises to the American people in your election campaign, none bigger than the promise to ‘drain the swamp' of Washington D.C. special interests rigged against the middle class. The decisions you make with your transition team will shape the next four years of this nation. They will also reflect the strength of your character and your ability to truly lead--not just follow the marching orders of the special interests and Wall Street bankers you purportedly oppose."
Senator Warren called on President-Elect Trump to remove the lobbyists and special interest insiders from his transition team and replace them with advisors who will fight for the interests of the American people. She stated, "Let me be clear. Should you refuse, I will oppose you, every step of the way, for the next four years. I will champion the millions of Americans you will fail to protect. I will track your every move, and I will remind Americans, every day, of the actions you take that fail them. And I will not be the only one watching. The millions of Americans who voted for you - and the millions who didn't - will all be watching you."
The senator's letter details the ties to special interests of more than 20 members of President-Elect Trump's transition team.
Related Slideshow: Senator Warren’s Blistering Letter to Trump
- Finneran: Notwithstanding Trump V. Clinton
- New Poll: Millennials Would Rather Have Meteor Strike Than Vote for Trump or Clinton
- Horowitz: Trump’s Election Is Rigged Gambit Backfires
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Donald Trump’s Emails and Pearl Harbor
- Trump Reads Letter From Belichick, Says Brady Voted for Him
- Finneran: Trump As Symptom
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Trump and Clinton, Raimondo’s CA Developer, and Warren’s Greatness
- RI Experts: Did Trump Save His Candidacy in Sunday’s Debate?
- Top GOP Leader and Candidate Frias Refuses to Answer If He Will Vote for Trump
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tattrie: Smiley’s Trump Diatribe Has Consequences
- Brady Ends Press Conference Abruptly When Asked About Trump’s “Locker Room Talk”
- Congressman Langevin Releases Statement on the Election of Trump as President
- Fecteau: Trump As President
- DC Consultant and RI Native’s Post About Trump’s Win Goes Viral
- Trump Names Priebus Chief of Staff, Bannon Chief Strategist
- Horowitz: The Trump Victory
- Riley: Will Trump’s SEC Chair Go After Misleading Mayors?
- Rep. Regunberg Issues Statement on Election of Trump as President
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Gardiner: Measure President Trump by Healthcare Reform
- Donald Trump Elected President of the United States
- More than 1,000 Protest Trump’s Election at RI State House
- Sen. Warren Addresses Election of Donald Trump to AFL-CIO
- Trump’s Win - What Does it Mean for Rhode Island?
- Darrell West: Four Scenarios for a Trump Presidency