RI GOP’s Spicer Event Canceled
Monday, July 03, 2017
The event was intended to bring in big money for the financially struggling Rhode Island Republican Party, but turned into a bit of a fiasco as GOP Chair Brandon Bell refused to disclose the location of the event, the hosts, or any sponsors.
"Not sure [why] - I assume not enough people registered. So many folks are gone for the long weekend," said House Minority Leader Patricia Morgan, of why the event was canceled.
Bell came under fire by fellow panelists on this week's A Lively Experiment about the lack of transparency about the event.
The Barrington native has been one of the most controversial Presidential press secretaries.
- GOP’s Bell Refuses to Provide Info on Spicer Event, Questions Arise About Host and Funding
- Trump’s Top Staff Now Features Two RIers, Spicer is Named White House Press Sec.
- White House’s Spicer: Norwegian Air Expansion is Pro-Jobs, Providence Expansion Pending
- White House Press Secretary Spicer Owns Millions in Real Estate in RI, Virginia and Alabama
- RI GOP Honoring Sean Spicer with $1,000 and Up Private Reception and Fundraiser
- Patriots’ Gronkowski Crashes Spicer’s White House Press Briefing
- Spicer and Flynn - The Two Most Influential Rhode Islanders in America