PHOTOS: State of the State 2019
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
See Photos in the Slideshow Below
During her address, Raimondo put the focus on training and education.
"We need the courage to set an ambitious plan and stick to it despite the inevitable challenges and controversies that will come our way. We need to get even more serious about addressing our lowest performing schools and implement the highest-quality curricula in every school across the state, similar to how they do it in Massachusetts,” said Raimondo.
Raimondo also proposed universal pre-K, as well as, a limited expansion of tuition-free college.
GoLocalProv's Richard McCaffrey was there to capture the night.
See the Photos in the slideshow below
Related Slideshow: State of the State - January 2019
- NEW: Embattled HHS Secretary Beane to Leave Raimondo Administration
- Raimondo Directs RI Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Sue Carcieri’s Passing
- Raimondo’s Donor Sackler Personally Named in New Opioid Lawsuits — “Conspiracy and Fraud”
- Raimondo Elected Head of Democratic Governor’s Association
- Raimondo Wishes Rhode Islanders a Happy Hanukkah
- Mattiello Raises Concerns About Raimondo’s Pledge to Expand Free College Tuition to URI, RIC
- Raimondo Orders Flags to Fly at Half-Staff to Honor Victims of California Shooting
- Is Raimondo Delaying Education Test Results Until After Election?
- ELECTION 2018 LIVE: Raimondo Denies Collusion and Says Fung and Trillo are One and the Same
- ELECTION 2018 LIVE: Fung Says Raimondo and Trillo’s Coordination Will Not Stop His Victory
- Raimondo Wins Reelection as RI Governor UPDATED
- Whitcomb: Raimondo Lunch; Sugar-Coat Carbon Taxes; Nasty Campaigner; Two Memoirs; It’s Not a Busines
- NEW: Raimondo Announces Six Judicial Nominees
- Four Years Ago, Raimondo Took the Oath—What Did She Promise and What Did She Get Done?
- Raimondo Issues Executive Order—Names Census Committee
- Governor Gina M. Raimondo’s Second Inaugural Address
- Raimondo Out of Budget Ideas? Gov. Proposing Legalization of Marijuana in RI
- Raimondo’s Office Says Gov’s Husband Has “No” Interest in Any Marijuana Businesses
- Manni Named Head of RI State Police by Raimondo