RI Commerce Employees Given Gag Order Not to “Disparage” Betsy Wall
Thursday, May 05, 2016
The directive was sent in an email to all corporation staff following the finalizing of a severance agreement with Wall, which saw the embattled former tourism head get a nearly $70,000 severance package after she “resigned” from the post last month.
SLIDES: See Wall’s Severance Agreement BELOW
The memo dated May 3 from Human Resources stated the following:
To all Corporation Staff:
The corporation recently entered into a separation agreement with Betsy Wall.
Please note that the agreement contains among other things, a mutual non-disparagement provision such that the Corporation (inclusive of its directors, officers, and employees) is contractually bound to not make any derogatory or disparaging comments about Ms. Wall.
The politically connected Wall came to RI in December following posts in Washington DC and Massachusetts - two months after the state had already selected the vendors for the campaign.
Wall was similarly bound not to make any disparaging comments towards Commerce in the severance agreement.
Related Slideshow: Betsy Wall Severance Agreement - April 2016
- Rhode Island Unveils New Tourism Logo
- Providence Tourism Outperforming Region—and Nation
- UPDATED: “We Are RI” Tourism Video Taken Down by Commerce
- The Tourism Logos of all 50 States
- Commerce RI Partners to Lower Costs of Solar Power in Rhode Island
- Prov. Chamber of Commerce Urges Leaders to Reform Estate Tax Law
- NEW: Raimondo to Nominate Former Newark Economic Chief for Commerce Secretary
- RI Commerce Corporation Announces New Leadership
- Commerce RI Has Failed to Meet Two out of Three Times, Raimondo Missed Only Meeting
- Commerce RI Promotes Major Business Event 3 Hours After it Started
- NEW: RI Foundation + Commerce RI Release Econ. Development Report
- Executive Office Of Commerce Won’t Help RI Economy—Critics
- See How Much the Chamber of Commerce Bosses Earn
- Does Rhode Island Need 17 Chambers of Commerce?
- GoLocal Secures Copy of Deleted RI Tourism Video
- RI Commerce Picks 2 Out-of-State-Firms to Brand and Promote RI Tourism
- RI Commerce Corporation Names Betsy Wall Chief Marketing Officer
- Would RI Tourism Account Be an Economic Spark?
- RI Commerce Corporation Board Member Owner of Fetish Club
- 38 Studios: SEC Charges RI Commerce Corp, Wells Fargo with Fraud - RI Reacts
- Fetish Club Owned By RI Commerce Board Member Faces Allegations About Violations
- RI Commerce Corp Member’s Club Facing Lawsuit and Eviction
- Vendors Claim RI Commerce Corp Board Member’s Club Owes Tens of Thousands
- Former A.T. Cross CEO “Volunteering” at RI Commerce Corp — Is a Shake-Up Coming?
- NEW: SEC Charges RI Commerce Corp, Wells Fargo with Fraud in 38 Studios
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Santos: RI Commerce Honcho Stefan Pryor’s Political Baggage
- Gov. Raimondo & RI Commerce Corp. Announce New Construction Projects
- PawSox Owners and Commerce Board Member Close $900 Million Fund
- From EDC to Commerce Corporation
- RI Tourism Spending Lags Far Behind Rest of U.S.
- Local Comedians Spoof “We are RI” Tourism Video
- Raimondo’s Out-of-State Contracts Extend Beyond Tourism
- More than 100 Errors on RI Tourism Website
- NEW: Raimondo Fires Betsy Wall For Tourism Campaign Debacle
- Blackstone River Valley Celebrates National Bike & Tourism Month Starting May 1
- Three Rhode Island Tourism Icons in Legal Battles
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Lauren Carson: Reorganize, Re-energize RI Tourism
- Will a Rhode Island Firm Win the $5 Million Tourism Campaign?
- RI Tourism Campaign in Chaos
- EDITORIAL: Raimondo’s “I Know an Out-of-State Guy” Caused the Tourism Disaster
- Before Running RI’s Tourism PR, Havas Worked for Cianci’s Campaign
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Carson: Mismanagement of Tourism Campaign Has Jarred RI
- Raimondo’s National Press Problem Following Tourism Fallout
- Agency Finalist for RI Tourism Account Wins Top Award for Montana Tourism Ads
- RI’s Still Dissatisfied About Direction, Supports Charter Schools, Tourism and Legalized Marijuana
- Raimondo’s Tourism Problems Are Far From Over
- Westerly Chamber Boss Asks Commerce’s Wall and Pryor to Put Westerly in RI’s Tourism Video