Newport and Bristol Counties Ready for the Summer Season with New Businesses and Experiences
Friday, June 05, 2015
The area is famed for its fresh seafood and local cuisine, and 27 new food and drink destinations will be awaiting residents and tourists. New options range all the way from Boru Noodle Bar ,that is posed to celebrate “ramen culture”, to Open Oyster, which is a traveling oyster bar.
Several new hotels and lodging options have recently opened, as will nine retail stores such as Lululemon, North Face, and locally-owned Run Newport. Lastly, four new spa and wellness centers are now open and available to customers and five new tours will be running for residents and tourists alike.
Related Slideshow: Newport’s Wyndham Estate in Photos
Constructed in 1890, Wyndham Estate is a 2 1/2 story ashlar stone Baronial home designed by architect William Ralph Emerson, cousin of Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Wyndham Estate celebrates its 125th anniversary next year. The mansion was designed and built for its original owner, Rose Anne Grosvenor, a philanthropist from Providence.
Room to Grow
The home boasts 12,175 square feet of living space, with 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, and 9 fireplaces, on nearly 12 acres of property.
With a spacious Master Bedroom, large circular Turret and East bedrooms, plus four guest bedrooms; hosting overnight guests is never likely to be problematic in this mansion.
* Master Bedroom - 22'8" by 14'
* Turret Bedroom - 17'10" circular
* East Bedroom - 17'2" by 17'5"
* Guest Bedroom - 12'4" by 11'6"
* Guest Bedroom - 18'6" by 14'10"
* Guest Bedroom - 11'3" by 11'3"
* Guest Bedroom - 12'5" by 8'2"
Wyndham Estate lies in the heart of Newport, only one half mile from both the New York Yacht Club and Newport Country Club, and one mile from Fort Adams State Park.
Whether it is a wedding, holiday party, or family function, Wyndham Estate's 1200 square foot Grand Ballroom makes for a perfect space for entertaining guests.
Outfitted with beautiful artwork and a grand piano, the mansion's music room is a great place to hide away and tickle the ivories. In fact, at 475 square feet, you could probably fit most of an orchestra in this room.
On Top of the World
(Or top of the island, at least)
Wyndham Estate sits atop the highest point of Newport - and has the views to prove it.
Wyndham Estate boasts a large 320 square foot kitchen (with service area) on the first level, making for great dinner parties. There is an additional galley kitchen on the home's top level.
The large, 11.76 acre property is well-manicured with several custom landscaping features including at three-tier waterfall with a private sitting area, and a manmade pond
With 2 1/2 bathrooms on the first floor, and 4 on the second level, finding a place to quickly powder your nose will rarely be an issue.
If you are looking for a quiet place to read or study, the mansion features a home library...try not to become distracted by the view.
Perfect for summertime entertainment, the mansion features a 47' by 27' open air observation deck with stunning views.
What better way to relax after a long day than climbing up to the 18' circular roof top hot tub?
Attention to Detail
When William Ralph Emerson designed Wyndham Estate, no detail was spared, evidenced by the intricate wood-carved moldings found throughout the mansion.
Wyndham Estate underwent major renovation and restoration a few years ago, but much of the much of the home's original essence remains intact.
More like live-in closet!
At 12'10" by11'10", the closet attached to the Master Bedroom is bigger than many bedrooms... no need to trim down your wardrobe here!
The mansion's Grand Staircase allows one to enter the room with style. There is also a separate servant's staircase to access the second floor.
Just off the Grand Ballroom sits the home's formal dining room, perfect for intimate dinners.
Wyndham Estate is comprised of three separate lots of record, with the mansion itself sitting on Lot B (4.05 Acres). Lots A and C are each just under 4 acres apiece.
There is little better on a cold New England winter night than cozying up to a warm fire. Wyndham Estate, has 9 different fireplaces to choose from.
Newport is known for its landscape of mansions spanning from Ocean Drive to Bellevue Avenue. From Rosecliff to Vanderbilt's The Breakers, and dozens in-between, Newport has a rich history of wealth, and the lifestyle that comes with it.
Want to experience a different view of the Newport Mansions? Try the Newport Cliff Walk. The 3.5 mile long public access pathway pairs the beauty of the Newport coastline with some of the island's historic mansions -- including Beechwood, Rosecliff, Marble House, The Breakers, Ochre Court, and Rough Point
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Open Marriage Etiquette + Other Dilemmas
- Operation Stand Down RI Officially Opens Newport Office
- Woody Allen’s Irrational Man Official Trailer Released - Shot in Newport and Providence
- NEW: Car Crashes Through Shop on Spring Street in Newport
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: What to Say and Not Say with Friends
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Modern Wedding & Funeral Etiquette
- Twin River Announces Intention to Move Newport Grand to Tiverton
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Pre-Wedding Etiquette Updates + Kissiquette
- Volvo Ocean Race Sets Sights on Newport
- NewportFILM To Present Free Earth Day Screening of “How To Change The World”
- GoLocalTV - newportFILM Presents “How to Save the World” Tonight
- NEW: Volvo Ocean Race Boats Set to Arrive in Newport Tonight
- Job Creation Proposal and a New State Pier in Newport: This Week at the State House
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Update Your Etiquette
- Newport Grand in Violation of Contract With Rhode Island
- America’s First “Tiny Houses” - Newport, RI
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Relationship Dilemmas
- NewportFILM to Hold Screening of “The Search For Freedom”
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Solving Family Dilemmas
- Volvo Ocean Race Departs Newport With a Return in 2018 Possible
- 10 Great Things To Do This Weekend In Newport | June 5