10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - November 2, 2018
Friday, November 02, 2018
This weekend’s events include Newport Restaurant Week, the annual Little Picture Show at Spring Bull Gallery, the Fall Moon Festival and more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - November 2, 2018
Newport Restaurant Week
This is the first weekend of Newport Restaurant Week.
Newport Restaurant Week takes place both in the spring and in the fall with more than 50 participating restaurants offering extraordinary two-course prix fixe lunches for $20 and three-course prix fixe dinners for $35, and a three-course premier prix fixe dinner for $50.
Sylvia at Newport Playhouse
Greg and Kate have moved to Manhattan after twenty-two years of child-raising in the suburbs. Greg brings home a dog he found in the park, named "Sylvia."
A street-smart mixture of Lab and Poodle, Sylvia soon takes Greg's attention away from his wife, much to Kate's dismay. A.R. Gurney’s Off Broadway hit is a smart, silly, sophisticated, and occasionally salty comedy about relationships, nature, and growing older.
The show goes from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Annual Auction & Cocktail Celebration at Rosecliff
Featuring Live and Silent Auctions, Live Comedy, and food and spirits by Russell Morin Catering & Events.
Ticket price includes passed hors d ouevres, food stations, dessert display, and open bar throughout the evening.
The event goes from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Restorative Yoga and Massage at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
Join Shannon Walker & her team of massage therapists from The Bodhi Spa for this ultimate relaxation experience. Catering to yogis and non-yogis alike.
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Annual Little Picture Show at Spring Bull Gallery
The exhibition opens Saturday, Nov. 3 from 5-7 pm with a fun-filled evening meeting friends and enjoying wonderful art by local artists. There are small artistic treasures in oils, watercolors, pastels, graphics, welded metal sculptures, stoneware and other media to be found here at the gallery for the next two months as we enter into the holiday gift giving season.
The event goes from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
2nd Annual Fall Moon Festival at Casino Theatre
Join us for our 2nd Annual Fall Moon Festival, a fun mini-fest dedicated to songs and songwriters. Presenting the most high-caliber talent you will see in one night at CFM, the show will feature singer-songwriters Mark Erelli, Caitlin Canty, Maya de Vitry and Peter Mulvey, who will also emcee the event.
The event goes from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Middletown Aquidneck Growers Market at Newport Vineyards
Now in its 22nd season our market has 20 regular vendors, guest artisans and live music every week. Pick up your groceries and head inside for wine tasting!
The event goes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Universal Promise South African Fundraiser And Party at Easton’s Beach
Come help Universal Promise furnish and fill the Vusumzi School library for 750 children in South Africa.
6-7:30 PM Enjoy an open bar, passed hors d'oeuvres, and the incredible Sidy Maiga Band from Mali, Senegal, and beyond.
7:30 PM Catch UP as we celebrate our first 10 YEARS.
8-11 PM Let the 60's, 70's, and 80's roll! If you yearn to return to the Spinners, Earth Wind & Fire, and the O'Jays, get your dancing shoes on and have at it!
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Fall Community Barn Dance at St. Michael's Country Day
Participants will be guided by seasoned dance caller Jim Hicks. NSP director EmmaLee Holmes-Hicks will be fiddling with the Rusty Pick-Up String Band and local favorites Tom Perrotti and Mike Fischman.
The dance will kick off with a performance by the young students of the Newport String Project.
The event goes from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m
Traditional Irish Music Session at Fastnet Irish Pub
Live traditional Irish music every Sunday night, hosted by A. O. Gutierrez, Tim May and Jack Wright. Family friendly- arrive early to secure a table if you plan on eating.
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dan Keating of Newport Polo Talks About New Jumbotron and Growth
- Projo Cuts Reporter, Editors and Photographer and 3 Leave Newport Daily News
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 21, 2018
- Newport Preservation Society’s Carneiro Highlights the Newport Food & Wine Festival on LIVE
- Whitcomb: Beltway’s Young Nobility; Bring in Mr. Gilbert; Adding to the Floods; & Intense Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 14, 2018
- 2018 Gov’s Race Playbook — Newport’s Wealthiest Come Out for Raimondo
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 24, 2018
- 5th Annual Defense Innovation Days Conference to be Held in Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 31, 2018
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to Hold Annual Newport Shootout Fishing Tournament
- UPDATED: Whitehouse Contacted About Kavanaugh Rape Allegation in Newport
- Newport Woman Says She is Target of “Resist Marxism” Group Following RI Rallies
- Newport, 5 Hotels Receive Readers Choice Awards from Condé Nast Traveler
- U.S. National Sailing Hall of Fame Votes to Move from Annapolis to Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - October 19, 2018