145 in RI Impacted as Trucking Company Who Fought RI Truck Tolls Files for Bankruptcy
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
"This is the largest carrier bankruptcy since 2002 and another blow to Pawtucket where it employed 145 people,” said Chris Maxwell of the Rhode Island Trucking Association.
Vincent Colistra, a Senior Managing Director with Phoenix Management Services, LLC , and Chief Restructuring Officer (“CRO”) for the Company, said, “We have worked hard to explore options for New England Motor Freight, but the macro-economic factors confronting this industry are significant. Following two years of losses, and with continuing and unsustainable rises in overhead as well as a severe industry shortage of drivers, we have concluded that the company has no choice but to proceed with an orderly wind-down of operations in a Chapter 11 proceeding.”
The company says on its website, “NEMF stands out as one of the most financially stable regional carriers in the Northeast. We continually invest in upgrading our terminals and modernizing our fleet without resorting to onerous debt. Most importantly, NEMF is a family-owned, non-teamster carrier that can commit to a long-term partnership with you.”
The Company has determined that a Chapter 11 proceeding is the best mechanism to maximize the value of its assets for the benefit of its employees and various creditor constituencies.
- GoLocalTV: RI Leaders Show Support for RhodeWorks & Truck Tolls on Tuesday
- Truck Tolls Showdown in Rhode Island
- NEW: Mattiello Ousts Three From Committees After Voting Against Tolls
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. McKiernan: Car Tolls Benefiting General Fund Will Not Happen
- RI Independent Contractors’ Lafleur Resigns “Under Pressure” After Tolls
- Effort to Pass Truck Tolls Gets Push from TV and Digital Ads
- RI’s Job Lot Announces It Is Putting Expansion on Hold Due to Threat of Truck Tolls
- Gencarella: TOLLS - Trucks Today, Cars Tomorrow.
- Trucking Association Poll Unveils Most Truckers Will Avoid Tolls
- 16 Things You Need to Know About the RI Truck Tolls Fight
- Leadership Unveils New RI Truck Tolls Plan, Opponents Still Disagree
- Sides Spar Following Lafleur’s Post-Tolls Resignation, Allegations
- Rhode Island’s Truck Tolls Approved by Feds, According to RIDOT
- Maxwell Warns About Impact of First Truck Tolls Activating on June 11th
- Morgan Talks RI Convention Center, Google Money, and Truck Tolls on GoLocal LIVE
- Morgan to Propose Budget Amendments to Eliminate Truck Tolls—and Prevailing Wage
- NEW: Truckers, Cumberland Farms Sue RI DOT Director Alviti Over Truck Tolls
- LIVE: Morgan Promises to End Tolls in “Blueprint for a Stronger Rhode Island”
- Stop Tolls RI’s Chartier Predicts Transportation Chaos in Wake of Proposed Road Closures
- Gencarella: The Hypocrisy of Switching Out Car Taxes for Tolls
- House Minority Leader Morgan to Submit Bill Repealing Truck Tolls
- “Tolls Are Going to Fail” - RI Trucking’s Maxwell on State’s Strategy
- Rep. Morgan, Republican Caucus Renews Call to Repeal Tolls
- Whitcomb: Car Dependency and Poverty; Trump Treason Triumph; ‘Unique’ Truck Tolls; Newport Art Fair?