Reform Groups Make 2nd Demand for Independent Investigation into 38 Studios
Friday, October 23, 2015
"Clearly, the pressure our coalition has put on legislative leaders has had an impact in the General Assembly. Now it is time for the Governor to do her part to fulfill her campaign obligation; she needs to recognize that the people of Rhode Island are owed this independent investigation," said Ken Block of Watchdog RI, one of the leaders of the group.
The group's thoughts were reinforced on Thursday morning by Representative Karen MacBeth, who is hopeful that leadership will empower her committee with the tools and freedom it needs to find out who knew what and when. MacBeth, who is also the chairwoman of the committee, expressed that a separate and simultaneous non-political investigation should be conducted to look into potential criminal wrong-doing and other aspects of the scandal.
"We believe that all relevant witnesses should be required to testify without preconditions," stressed Randall Rose of Occupy Providence.
The reform groups congratulate Rep. MacBeth for resuming the hearings and thank the over 1,100 Rhode Islanders who signed the online petition.
"The voice of the people does make a difference and is being heard on Smith Hill," added Mike Stenhouse, CEO for the RI Center for Freedom of Prosperity.
RI Center for Freedom & Prosperity
The RI Center for Freedom & Prosperity is Rhode Island's premier free enterprise research and advocacy organization.
- The Big 38 Studios Document Surprise is No Deposition from Curt Schilling
- Gov. Gina Raimondo’s 38 Studios Deposition and Exhibits
- Governor Donald Carcieri’s 38 Studios Deposition and Exhibits
- Former Speaker Bill Murphy’s 38 Studios Deposition and Exhibits
- Speaker Gordon Fox’s 38 Studios Deposition and Exhibits
- Gov. Lincoln Chafee’s 38 Studios Deposition and Exhibits
- NEW: 38 Studios to be Released Today - See All the Documents on GoLocalProv
- Judge Turns Down Wells Fargo’s Request for 38 Studios Redactions
- Moore: RI’s 38 Studios Economy Breeds Unfairness
- 38 Studios Boss Zaccagnino’s Deposition and Exhbits
- One 38 Studios Document Shows Why RI’s Investment Was Simply Absurd
- ProJo Held Key 38 Studios Story At Request of EDC
- Did Hasbro’s Verrecchia Have a Conflict When He Voted to Fund $75M to 38 Studios
- Moore: Projo Kept Public In the Dark on 38 Studios
- Reform Groups Demand RI General Assembly Members Take Position on 38 Studios
- 38 Studios Players: Where Are They Now?
- Moore: Speaker Mattiello Should Resign Over 38 Studios
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Ken Block: Understanding and Fixing What Went Wrong With 38 Studios
- 38 Studios Documents Unveil Carcieri, Fox and Other Leaders Lied About Deal
- NEW: 38 Studios Defense Has Run up $20M+ in Legal Fees, Says RI’s Lawyer
- Insider Michael Corso’s 38 Studios Deposition and Exhibits
- Seven 38 Studios Facts You Would Not Believe
- Where Are the 38 Studios Players Now?