NEW: Massive Providence Fire Took Place at Marijuana Producers Association Building
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Chris White, the point of contact for the Cannabis Producers Association of New England, confirmed that the office had been in the building. "It's no longer there, obviously," White told GoLocalProv.
"I have no further statement at this point until I collect more information," said White on Tuesday morning.
According to the Rhode Island Patient Advocacy Coalition, classes were available at the location at Kinsey Street for growing and harvesting marijuana, and making "bubble hash" and cannabis butter and tincture.
There is no word as to whether butane was present -- the highly flammable solvent used to make butane hash oil. Butane is not used in the productino of bubble hash.
"That's what I'm hearing, but I can't confirm," said Colonel Steve O'Donnell, Superintendent of the Rhode Island State Police.
The State Fire Marshall's office did not respond to press inquiry on the fire Wednesday morning.
See the the Cannabis Producers Association lobbyist filing with the Secretary of State's office below:
Related Slideshow: Marijuana Use in the New England States
According to data collected by the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration, New Englanders are among the nation's top marijuana users in the country. See how the indivdual states compare in the slides below:
- Marijuana Tax Has Bipartisan Support in RI
- Marijuana Debate Evolves as New Advocacy Group Forms
- Obamacare Implications of Medical Marijuana in Rhode Island
- Marijuana Tax Bill Presented to Senate Committee
- Personality Test of Marijuana Users Reveals Surprising Results
- RI Hospital: Legalizing Med. Marijuana Does Not Increase Youth Use
- Will New Findings on Marijuana Dangers Hurt Legalization Efforts?
- Legalized Marijuana in Jeopardy with Mattiello as Speaker
- New Report: Legalized Marijuana Could Generate up to $82M for RI
- State Report: Marijuana Tax + Bill Targets Prostitutes and Pimps
- Leonardo Angiulo: Further Refining the Investigation of Marijuana Offenses
- Synthetic Marijuana: Is it the Next Heroin?
- Guest MINDSETTER Rep Scott Slater: Replace Illicit Marijuana Industry with Legitimate Businesses
- Marijuana “Vape Lounge” to Open in Downtown Providence on Saturday
- RI Lawmakers Introduce Marijuana Legalization Legislation
- Ben And Jerry’s Open to Marijuana Infused Ice Cream
- Lean Gov’t, Marijuana, and a Twin River Hotel: This Week at the State House
- Marijuana “Patient Vapor Lounge” to Open in Downtown Providence
- NEW: National Marijuana Advocate in RI for Legalization Forum
- Can Medical Marijuana Help Stop the Opiate Epidemic in RI?
- Regulate RI Seeks to Make Rhode Island the Next State to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol
- NEW: ACLU Files Suit Over Medical Marijuana Discrimination
- Guest MINDSETTER™ David Ellison: It is Time We End the Prohibition of Marijuana
- NEW: Massive Providence Fire Took Place at Marijuana Producers Association Building