slides: GoLocal’s Super Ranking: Top New England Colleges 2013
Saturday, June 01, 2013
What are New England's 86 best colleges and universities?
After hundreds of hours of research and assessment, GoLocal names the region's best--from major universities to tiny liberal arts colleges--in a super-ranking that combines the nation's top educational rankings with grassroots student-oriented assessments. The result: a fresh view of how the full educational experience stacks up… from the Ivies to the NESCAC, and beyond.
A well-rounded snapshot
In search of a truly well-rounded snapshot of each college and university in New England, GoLocal utilized a combination of rankings derived from national sources, including US News & World Report, the Princeton Review, Forbes Magazine, and Washington Monthly, as well as Inside College, the Daily Beast, and College Prowler. From there, our researchers assessed more than 60 different factors, from overall quality rankings both nationally and regionally to rankings for best professors, housing, diversity, nightlife, career preparation, social/academic balance, and of course, food.
With a proprietary formula created to value the many characteristics that combine to form an overall picture of the "greatness " of a college or university campus, GoLocal's 2013 New England College Super Ranking presents a fresh view of the best of the best in New England.
Did your school make the list?
With Sabrina Abballe, Elizabeth R. Koh, Monica White. Student quotes are from College Prowler.
- New England’s Best Values in Colleges + Universities
- College Admissions: Reality Check on the Latest College Rankings
- COLLEGE GUIDE: Local College Rankings You Don’t Know About
- College Admissions: What to Believe in College Rankings
- Methodology: GoLocal’s Super Ranking-Top New England Colleges 2013
- How RI Colleges Ranked—Top New England Colleges 2013
- College Admissions: 5 Ways To Survive College Decision Season