Whitcomb on Superman Potential, Boston Herald Bankruptcy on LIVE
Friday, December 15, 2017
Whitcomb also spoke to the bankruptcy of the Boston Herald, and topics for his upcoming column -- when he joined News Editor Kate Nagle in-studio.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Robert Whitcomb: Low Rating for Cybersecurity; Low Wages and Benny’s Demise
- Robert Whitcomb: Amazonian Ocean State? Immigration Ambiguities; Block Island Police Logs
- Robert Whitcomb: CVS Race Day Paralysis; Vote at the Same Time; Burns’s Vietnam Take
- Robert Whitcomb: Raimondo’s Correct Veto; NFL Kneeling Distraction; Losing NE’s Forrest
- Media Experts Preston & Whitcomb Weigh In on Raimondo’s Media Battle
- Robert Whitcomb: Rebuilding & Rebuilding; Calling ERISA; Bailey’s Beach Bathos; Great Books
- Robert Whitcomb: Electrifying Issues; Demagogue’s Delight; Did Cyberattacks Cause Collisions?
- Robert Whitcomb: Throw the Book at Taggers: Put Transit Center Below Ground? Storing Windpower
- Robert Whitcomb: Korean Quandary; Politicians Trying to Do the Right Thing; ‘Passive Housing’
- Robert Whitcomb: Worcester Wouldn’t Well for PawSox; Taxing Away the Little Guys? Racial Fire
- Robert Whitcomb: A Failure to Communicate, NRA, Green International Airport, and More
- Whitcomb - Did Magazine Industry Cover Up Weinstein to Protect Adv. Revenue?
- Whitcomb: Holiday Horrors; Break Up Facebook, Google, too; New Use for Brayton Point?
- Whitcomb: Taxing Your Enemies; Planting Trees Together; Thanks for No Thanksgiving
- Whitcomb: Providence as Hotel Heaven? Cape Wind Is Dead; ‘Handicapped Parking’ Crackdown
- Friday on LIVE: Musician Taylor, Nutritionist Mulligan & Columnist Whitcomb
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Al Franken’s Demise, St. Joseph’s Pension Debacle, and More
- Whitcomb: All Bow to Amazon; Mainers Want More Medicaid; Money Underwater; Perfectly Awful Penthouse
- Thursday on LIVE: Actress Moniz, Virtual Reality Business & Whitcomb
- Robert Whitcomb: ‘All-Electric’ Future; Worcester Better Run? Genocidal Columbus? Another Religious
- Robert Whitcomb: Memorial’s Inevitable Closing; Wexford Will Work; Poor Pay Taxes
- Whitcomb: Cities Should Seek ‘Organic’ Development; Lethally Drug-Peddling; Pit Bulls
- Whitcomb: Private Commuter Trains; Go, Giovanni, Go! We’ll Take Menhaden; The Next Recession
- Whitcomb: CVS-Aetna; Pedestrian Bridge; Pour in More Pollution? O Jerusalem