Stenhouse Blasts “Unelected Bureaucrats” at Rhode Island Board of Elections on GoLocal LIVE
Thursday, November 16, 2017
"Despite baseless attacks against Ken Block, it turns out that his research was accurate," said Stenhouse, CEO of the Center. "Now that we know a federal law was effectively bypassed in 2008, justice is demanded by holding accountable those people responsible. It is now more obvious than ever that formal inquiries need to be launched.
Stenhouse and the Center have called for the immediate removal of any BOE official that was involved with that unlawful 2008 decision.
The Center is taking the position that current BOE attorney, Raymond Marcaccio (BOE legal council in 2008), current BOE commissioner, Richard Pierce (BOE commissioner in 2008), and current BOE Executive Director, Robert Rapoza (BOE director of elections in 2008) have "demonstrated incompetence in allowing Rhode Island's voter registration process to fail to comply with federal law ... and therefore should no longer maintain their positions of responsibility."
The Center also calls on current BOE commissioner Steve Erickson to be removed, "given his publicly stated reluctance to bringing the RI BOE into compliance with federal law."
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Wednesday on LIVE: Race Relations Expert Tatum, Countess Bonacossi & RI Senator Sheehan
- LIVE: Trucking Association’s Maxwell on Rhode Island Toll Delay, and More
- GoLocal LIVE: The Voice’s Emily Luther Discusses Her Experience on the Show
- Thursday on LIVE: Actress Moniz, Virtual Reality Business & Whitcomb
- LIVE: Race Relations Expert Tatum on Why Conversations About Race Matter
- Tuesday on LIVE: OUT LOUD Theatre’s Hawkridge & Professor Lawless
- LIVE: New App “BiliScreen” Could Help Detect Pancreatic Cancer
- Friday on LIVE: A Sandy Hook Mother On Turning Grief Into Action
- LIVE: A Sandy Hook Mother on Turning Grief Into Action
- LIVE: Author Polites Helping Cultivate Young Writers Through “Write RI” Competition
- LIVE: Demanding Better in the Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer
- LIVE: Organizing For The Holidays
- LIVE: Experiencing Virtual Worlds, Battikha Opens Base Station VR Lounge
- Tuesday on LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Maguire & Professor Lawless
- LIVE: How to Create a Seating Arrangements In An Open Floor Plan
- LIVE: Mixed Magic Theater Opens Season With Double Bill, Dutchman / The Slave
- LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Maguire Talks New Book “Hiddensee”
- Wednesday on LIVE: GoLocal’s Big Wedding Announcement
- LIVE: Author DeCesare on Female Empowerment & Entrepreneurship
- Monday on LIVE: RI Author DeCesare and EG Council President Cienki
- LIVE: RI Native Moniz On Performing In Tony Award-Winning Musical “FUN HOME”
- LIVE: RI Veteran Sgt. DeCiccio Dedicated To Helping Other Veterans
- LIVE: Air Force Veteran Hood On Need For Increasing Veteran Representation
- LIVE: “Tinkered Treasures” Author Major Inspires Creativity
- Thursday on LIVE: Former RI Gov. Chafee & Discovering Justice’s Karagianis