RI Center for Freedom & Prosperity to Pick Progressive “Bad Bill of the Week” this GA Session
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Stenhouse also spoke to the Center's legislative agenda, and the plan by the Center -- which describes itself as "Rhode Island’s leading free-enterprise public policy research and advocacy organization.. nonprofit and nonpartisan" to call out what they deem the Progressive "Bad Bill of the Week" at the Rhode Island General Assembly this session.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- LIVE: New England Tech’s Sherman on Top 20 U.S. News and World Report Ranking
- Wednesday on LIVE: Darrell West, Artist Burko, & Cassell of Blount Fine Foods
- Thursday on LIVE: USA Women’s Hockey Capt. Duggan & DOC Director A.T. Wall
- LIVE: 6 Ways To Get Organized In The New Year
- LIVE: Actress Huffman Performs “I’m Too Fat For This Show” at Prov. Improv Guild
- LIVE: RI Black Storytellers Celebrates its 20th Annual Funda Festival
- LIVE: COAAST Founder Talks Addiction Support, & Owning Our Story
- LIVE: 3-Steps To Starting A Running Routine in 2018
- Tuesday on LIVE: COAAST Founder Bell, Storyteller Tutson & Prof. Lawless
- LIVE: U.S. Olympian Hamlin on Historic Career & 2018 Winter Games
- LIVE: Rhode Island Original Supports Community Fitness With Each Sale
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Brown’s Care New England Play and Why Oprah Won’t Run
- Friday on LIVE: Emerge Political Director Gholar & Kreger of Luluna Kombucha
- Tuesday on LIVE: NEEDTOBREATHE’s Lovelace & RI Democratic Party’s Olasanoye
- LIVE: Providence-Based Writer Hartnett On Novel “Rabbit Cake”
- LIVE: “Visible Cloth, Invisible Bodies” Art Exhibit at URI Focuses on RI’s Ties to Slavery
- LIVE: Needtobreathe’s Lovelace Creates Family Friendly Music on Solo Album
- Wednesday on LIVE: Mionetto USA’s MacLeod, Chen of Ken’s Ramen & Nevel of RI-Israel Collaborative
- Monday on LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Finn, Stokes of RI Black Heritage Society
- LIVE: Regunberg on Single-Payer Legislation & Addressing High Costs of Prescription Drugs
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s “State of Corrections”—Retiring Head of Prisons A.T. Wall
- LIVE: Emerge America’s Gholar on Surge of Women Running For Political Office
- LIVE: Luluna Kombucha Co-Owner Kreger On Brewing Kombucha In RI
- LIVE: Raptakis on PawSox Vote, Line-Item Veto Legislation, and More
- Thursday on LIVE: Social Enterprise Greenhouse & Lastrina of Knead Donuts