Moms Can Do’s: Halloween Fun For Little Ones
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Southwick’s Zoo in Mendon is a favorite of moms with little ones all year round. Why not take what’s already fun about the zoo and add an October flare? Southwick’s Zoo is doing just that with their Zoo Boo Days in October. There will be free admission for costumed kiddos aged 3-12 along with trick-or-treating and plenty of Halloween themed activities and events around the zoo! What’s more—zoo animals will receive their own pumpkins to play with! October 19-27 10am-5pm. 2 Southwick Street, Mendon. 1 (800) 258-9182.
Head out this week to Leominster to visit its only inflatable play place! Hop on In has something for everyone, from their 16’ slide to their great obstacle course to their gated play area for tots and more! Everything in the complex is bright, colorful, and imaginative, so kids will have fun for hours! They even offer a great drop-off program called “Tadpole Watch!” 217 Hamilton Street, Leominster. (978) 537-0235.
Treats and Tricks!
Head over to one of New England’s favorite living history museums, Old Sturbridge Village, on October 25 for a free event for little ones. This trick or treating event is fun and educational with a unique twist. Trick-or-treating will take place from house to house in the Village Common, all of which will be decorated for the big day! There will also be stories, juggling, and puppet shows! Please bring a donation of a canned good for a local food pantry. October 25, 6pm-8pm. 1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge. 1 (800) 733-1830. Click here for more information.
Take the kids on a fun, healthy excursion to the Farmer’s Market! Browse through the fresh fruits and veggies that are beaming with the colors of the season! Moms in Providence don’t even have to leave the urban hustle to get to a great Farmer’s Market. For a mid-week treat, head to the Providence/Hope Street Farmer’s Market on Wednesday from 3-6 until the end of the month. Pick up some fresh meats, cheeses, and veggies and have the little ones help you with cooking prep!
- Moms Can-Do’s: Crescent Park Carousel + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Summer Evening At The Park + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Davis Family Farm + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Trolley Tours + More
- Moms Can Dos: Trampoline Fun + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Fishing Holes + End of Summer Fun
- Moms Can-Do’s: All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Festival + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Adventureland + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: June Strawberry Outings + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Ballet + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Lighthouses + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Blueberry Picking + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Petting Zoos + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Carousel Adventures + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Pumpkin Patches Now!
- Moms Can-Do’s: Cool Fun at Mystic Aquarium + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Steam Train, Riverboat + More