Festival Ballet Providence Set to Open 38th Season
Tuesday, October 06, 2015
“Ballet Russes was the seminal company in contemporary ballet history. This season’s production of Ballet Russes Reinvented is a tribute to that legacy and also an affirmation of our commitment to presenting exciting new perspectives to our audiences," said Djuric.
The show includes Djuric's rendering of Firebird, last performed by Festival Ballet Providence in 2004.
“I am thrilled that I can present works of such caliber as Dominic Walsh here in Rhode Island. His work has been seen and loved around the world and it’s an honor to show RI audiences his unique and provocative choreographic voice for the first time," Djuric said.
Festival Ballet Providence has also partnered with Providence collaborative The Steel Yard and artist Isabel Mattia to create a 20-foot tall centerpiece for The Firebird.
The fact that we were able to take the metal skeleton of a very old set and turn it into something completely new and different is such an exciting addition to this collaboration. The Steel Yard and Isabel are natural partners with us for this kind of project. They are such talented innovators and artists; this kind of project is as exciting for them as for us," Djuric added.
The Schedule for Ballets Russes Reinvented is as follows:
Friday, October 23, 2015 - 10:00am (School performance, Firebird only)
Friday, October 23, 2015 - 8:00pm - 38th Season Opening Night
Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 7:30pm
Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 2:00pm
Festival Ballet Providence will continue their season with Up Close on Hope from Novembe 13-22 and The Nutcracker at PPAC from December 18-20.
- GoLocal Interview – Newport Festival Producer George Wein
- Newport Music Festival Set to Kick Off 47th Season
- 6th Annual Waterfront Reggae Festival Set for August 8
- Newport Jazz Festival Celebrates 60 Years of Miles Davis
- Black Ships Festival Will Take Place Throughout Newport July 17-19th
- Prov. Police Union Slams City on Continuing to Issue Unpaid Festival Permits
- NEW: Elorza Announces Providence International Arts Festival Line-Up
- GoLocalTV: Inaugural Providence International Arts Festival Begins Thursday
- The Complete Guide: International Art Festival
- Newport Folk Festival 2015: Saturday Highlights
- Newport Folk Festival 2015: Sunday Highlights
- Rhythm and Roots Festival Returns Labor Day Weekend
- Providence Folk Festival Coming Sunday
- Latino Festival and J.Geils Coming to India Point
- Hope Street Fall Festival Set For September 20th
- Fenway Park to Host Hurling Classic, Irish Festival on November 22
- Award Winners Announced for 2015 Flickers: RI International Film Festival
- GoLocalTV: Waterfront Reggae Festival Comes to Providence This Saturday
- The Annual Charlestown Seafood Festival is Back
- 6th Annual Summit Music Festival Set for August 15
- Newport Jazz Festival 2015: Friday Highlights
- Newport Jazz Festival 2015: Weekend Highlights
- 25 Can’t Miss Fall Festivals in New England