video: Bryant Edges Brown 20-16
Sunday, September 20, 2015
Bryant University Bulldogs (2-0) defeated the (0-1) Brown University Bears 20-16 on Saturday afternoon at Brown Stadium. This was only the second meeting ever between the schools and the all-time series is now tied at one.
Goal Line Stand
Trailing 20-16, the Bears got the ball back on their own 25 quarterback Marcus Fuller drove the team down the field in nine plays and into the red zone. Brown had first and goal from the Bryant two yard line. However, the Bulldogs defense came up big. Brown's Seth Rosenbauer was tacked in the backfield for a loss of ten yards and after two incomplete passes, Fuller was intercepted in the end zone by Brandon Dagnessses to seal the win.
The Bryant Comeback
The Bulldogs trailed 13-10 with four minutes left in the third quarter before Chad Ward caught a pass from wide receiver Torrey Dixon and took it into the end zone. That bit of trickery gave Bryant a 17-13 lead which they took into the fourth quarter.
Brown cut their deficit to one after a Grant Senne field goal with 10 minutes left. The Bulldogs extended the lead back to four after Ricky Perez kicked one through the uprights with 3:55 left to play to give Bryant their final margin of victory, 20-16.
Bryant trailed 10-0 midway through the second quarter before outscoring Brown 17-3 heading into the fourth and 20-6 the remainder of the game.
The Bulldogs return to action on Saturday, September 26 when they visit Coastal Carolina. Kick off is set for 6 p.m.
Meanwhile, Brown visits Ivy League Rival, Harvard on Saturday the 26th. That game will be televised on Fox college Sports with kick off set for 7 p.m.
- Bryant Falls to Dartmouth 76-59, Open NEC Play on Saturday
- Starks Jumper with 1.3 Seconds Left Lifts Bryant Over Denver, 48-46
- Bryant Beats Wagner 81-73, Improve to 4-1 in NEC
- Winning Streak Snapped, Bryant Falls 66-57 to Harvard
- Bryant Edges FDU 74-71, Clinch Postseason Berth
- Kuakumensah’s 20 Points Lead Brown Past Bryant 69-62
- Bryant Falls 72-66 To Akron, Drop to 1-3
- Bryant Hangs Around, But Falls 66-53 to UConn
- Visit to North Carolina Highlights 2015 Bryant Lacrosse Schedule
- 5 Takeaway’s from Bryant’s 72-63 Win over UNH
- Bryant Lax Falls 10-6 to Marist in NCAA Tourney Play-in Game
- Bryant Releases 2015 Football Schedule
- Bryant’s Starks Earns NEC Player of the Week Honors
- Bryant’s Training Facility Collapses, OSHA to Investigate
- NEW: Bryant Alum Joe O’Shea Signs Pro Contract in Dutch Basketball League
- Bryant Issues Statement and New Images from the Building Collapse
- Bryant Set to Kick Off Season vs. American International
- NEW: Bryant Basketball Releases 2015-16 Schedule
- Bryant Football Picked as Preseason Favorite in NEC
- Bryant Beats Sacred Heart 91-85 in Double OT Thriller
- Bryant’s Tournament Run Ends as they Fall 66-53 to Robert Morris
- Bryant Lax Coach Pressler to Appear on 60 Minutes on Sunday
- Bryant Lax to Visit Marist For NCAA Tourney Play-in Game
- Brown Football Set to Host Bryant in Season Opener