Brown Women’s Soccer Coach Pincince to Retire After Season
Thursday, September 03, 2015
During his career at Brown, Pincince has led the Bears to an overall record of 317-247-53, 12 Ivy League titles including a stretch of nine in a row from 1982-1990 and six NCAA Tournament appearances. Pincince led Brown to the NCAA quarterfinals in both 1983 and 1984.
During the 1984 season, Pincince led the Bears to a 13-1-1 record and a national ranking of number two in the country. Brown gave up only three goals in 15 games during that season and Pincince was named National Coach of the Year.
Pincince enters his final season ranked 15th in the NCAA for career victories among active coaches and all time.
The 2015 Brown women's soccer team is set to play their first game of the season on Friday, September 4 when they host St. John's. Brown's final regular season game comes on November 27 against Yale while the final home game comes on October 31st.
Phil Pincince also coached the Brown Softball team from 1979-1992 and put together a record of 270-183-1, winning three Ivy League Championships and going undefeated in 1982 and 1990. Six of his former softball players have been inducted into the Brown Athletic Hall of Fame.
PIncince graduated from Rhode Island College where he was a four year starter on the soccer team before coming to Brown in the fall of 1977. Pincince is a member of the New England Soccer Hall of Fame as well as the Rhode Island College Hall of Fame.
- Brown Lax Earns 1st NCAA Tourney Berth Since 2009
- Patriots Select Malcom Brown In 1st Round of NFL Draft
- NEW: Brown’s Clavette Signs With Tampa Bay
- Brown Lax Falls to Denver 15-9 in NCAA Tournament First Round
- Brown’s Hazeltine to be Inducted into RI Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame
- Brown U. Set to Host Ivy League Lacrosse Tournament
- Brown to Confer Six Honorary Doctorates at 2015 Commencement
- Jordan Spieth, Brother of Brown’s Steven Spieth, Wins The Masters
- Brown Theatre To Present Student-Written “You Are the Circus”
- Brown Males Have 12th Most Right Swipes in Country on Tinder
- Brown’s Kertzer Awarded 2015 Pulitzer Prize
- Reading With Robin: Moses Brown’s 2015 Book Festival with Distinguished Poet & Essayist Mark Doty
- Brown University Grad Rafael Maia Takes 5th Year at Pitt
- Brown Basketball Adds Six to 2015-16 Roster
- Brown Football Picked to Finish 5th in Ivy League
- Patriots Develin 1 of 4 Brown Alums in NFL
- Brown Grad Williams Elevated to Bishop Designate
- Brown Coach Martin to be Inducted to New England Basketball Hall of Fame
- Brown Football Alum Cruz Signs With the Chicago Bears
- Jordan Spieth, Brother of Brown’s Steven Spieth, Wins U.S. Open