VIDEO: Brown Students Pressure DNC Chair Perez, Dems to Reject Fossil Fuel Money
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Sunrise is a youth-led movement to "get fossil fuel money out of politics and elect politicians who will support the creation of millions of good jobs while acting decisively on climate change."
The group stated of Monday's event:
This action cuts to the heart of the ongoing struggle for the heart and soul of the Democratic Party. In June, we celebrated after the DNC introduced a groundbreaking resolution to reject all fossil fuel industry contributions, but shortly afterwards, the DNC reversed course by passing a second resolution that negated the first one. We are calling on Perez to recommit to climate action by upholding the Committee’s original resolution to reject fossil fuel donations and championing a Green New Deal.
After speaking with Perez about this issue repeatedly to no avail, as highlighted in The Nation last week, the time has come to amplify our call for bold action on climate change. Perez’s leadership is critical as the DNC shapes the Party’s platform going into the 2020 elections.
- DNC Chair & Former U.S. Sec. of Labor Perez Joins Brown’s Watson Institute
- Horowitz: Progress On Climate Change is Possible Despite Trump
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” Features DNC Chair Tom Perez
- VIDEO: Flanders Calls Out Whitehouse as “One-Issue” Candidate on Climate Change
- Horowitz: In Trump Era, It will be Up to Cities & States to Lead Way on Climate Change
- Horowitz: National Climate Change Report Highlights Need for Action
- RI Joins 8 Other States to Announce Further Efforts to Fight Climate Change
- RI Dept. of Health Awards $42K in Grants for Projects Addressing Climate Change
- Horowitz: Support Building for Climate Change Action; But Firming Up is Needed
- Horowitz: Game-Changing Global Climate Change Agreement Reached
- Horowitz: The False Choice - Focusing on Hurricane Victims or Climate Change
- Rob Horowitz: Obama Moves into High Gear on Climate Change
- Horowitz: New Rules for Heavy Trucks & Buses Bring More Progress on Climate Change
- Horowitz: Obama Administration Forges Another Major Climate Change Agreement
- John Perilli: I Wish Climate Change Were a Hoax, But It’s Not