Senator Goldin Appointed Senate Deputy Majority Whip
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Goldin was first elected to the Senate in 2012 and serves as vice chairwoman of its Health and Human Services Committee.
She is also a member of the Senate Labor Committee and the Senate Democratic Policy Caucus. She is the former co-chair of the RI Democratic Party’s Women’s Caucus and was previously a member of the Rhode Island Commission on Women and Girls.
Goldin has been recognized nationally and in Rhode Island for her legislative work, including receiving the Isabel Ahearn O’Neill award from the YWCA of Rhode Island, Capital Caregiver Award from AARP, and was named a Congressional Angel in Adoption.
Senator Goldin also received the Bell of Hope Award from the Mental Health Association of Rhode Island and the Rhode Island Parent Information Network (RIPIN) Legislator of the Year award. In 2014 she was named one of the Women’s Campaign Fund’s 40 national Game Changers.
Senator Goldin also serves as FMLI Campaign Advisor to Family Values @ Work. Prior to joining Family Values @ Work, she was the Strategic Initiatives Officer at the Women’s Fund of Rhode Island, and served as a consultant in the nonprofit sector. She began her career in Rhode Island working to address the lack of access to health care for the uninsured.
She holds a master’s in public policy from Tufts University and a bachelor’s in English literature from McGill University.
Related Slideshow: PHOTOS: General Assembly Opening Session - January 1, 2019
- Guest MINDSETTERS™ Sen. Goldin & Rep. Slater: Making Sure We All Make It in RI
- Ajello, Goldin Pre-File Legislation to Protect Reproductive Healthcare Rights
- Newport Republican Town Committee Endorses Flanders for U.S. Senate
- Senate Candidate Autiello Releases Video Celebrating Pride Month
- RI Senate Passes Bill Simplifying Food Truck Registration
- NEW: Roselli to Run for RI State Senate, Opts Out of Governor’s Race
- EXCLUSIVE: Chafee Out of U.S. Senate Race
- RI Latino PAC “Thrilled” About Senate’s Passing of Dreamer Bill
- Federal Hill State Senate Candidate Autiello on Why He is Running, on LIVE
- Senate Passes Bill Encouraging Settlements in St. Joseph Pension Fund Collapse
- RI Medical Professionals Send Letter to Senate Urging Them to Reject Drug Homicide Bill
- Trillo Blasts RI Senate Over Bill Banning Trump from Election Ballots
- “I Had Enough with This Administration” — Former Gubernatorial Candidate Roselli on Switch to Senate
- U.S Senate Judiciary Comm. Refers Whitehouse’s Kavanaugh Accuser to FBI for Investigation
- VIDEO: Whitehouse Walks Out of Senate Judiciary Before Vote on Kavanaugh
- Senate Education Committee Releases Education Report
- Whitehouse Beats Back Flanders’ Challenge for U.S. Senate Seat