Worcester to Enter Into Negotiations With 5 Retail Marijuana Establishments
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
The five marijuana retail establishments are:
- Community Growers Partnership, LLC - 40 Jackson Street
- Evergreen Strategies, LLC - 143 SW Cutoff
- TDMA, LLC (DBA Diem) - 74 Grafton Street
- Mayflower Medicinals, Inc. - 645 Park Avenue
- Trichome Health Corp., Inc. – 62 West Boylston Street
The cultivation, product manufacturing and microbusiness establishments are manufacturing businesses that are not open to the public.
The four establishments in this category are:
- The Curated Leaf, Inc. (cultivation)- 10 Pullman Street
- Magic Dragon LLC (microbusiness) - 45-61 Fremont Street
- SuperCritical Mass Laboratories, Inc. (product manufacturer) - 251 Brooks Street
- RC Cultivation LLC (cultivation) - 30 Pullman Street
The agreement includes language permitting a community impact fee and other local regulatory oversight. A signed host agreement is a requirement of the state Cannabis Control Commission application.
According to state law, the City is required to allow for 15 marijuana retail establishments. In addition to the five newly proposed establishments, the existing four medical marijuana operators have also been granted approval to sell recreational marijuana, bringing the total to nine.
The five new proposed retail establishments, four new proposed manufacturing businesses, one existing co-located medical and recreational cultivation facility and four co-located medical and recreational retail facilities are estimated to create 225 jobs as well as substantial tax revenue for the City.
Each potential new operator must still receive approval from the Cannabis Control Commission, the Planning Board, and the License Commission.
As GoLocalWorcester reported in July, the city issued a request for interest (RFI) to prospective marijuana establishment operators.
To date, 39 applicants applied through the City of Worcester Request for Interest (or had received prior approval due to their medical marijuana status) for a variety of cannabis-related licenses.
The City must still issue an additional six retail licenses. Existing applicants remain under consideration as do applicants that submitted to the RFI after the August 24 deadline.
Related Slideshow: Marijuana Legal in MA, Sports Betting Going Live in RI — What You Need to Know - Nov, 2018
Age - MA Marijuana
You must be 21 years of age unless you have an existing medical condition which allows you to access medical marijuana.
Age - Sports Betting Rhode Island
Gamblers must be 18 years of age or older for all forms of gambling in RI.
Can Out-of-Staters Buy Marijuana in MA?
There is no prohibition to Rhode Islanders -- or anyone else -- from buying in the Commonwealth.
Can Out of Staters Sports Bet in RI?
Much of the marketing will be focused on out-of-staters.
Is There a Limit to How Much Marijuana You Can Buy?
According to the Boston Globe:
Retail shops cannot sell more than one ounce of marijuana flower or five grams of concentrate to a person in a single purchase. One ounce is also the maximum amount of flower individuals are legally allowed to have on them in public, though you can possess up to 10 ounces at home. The five-gram limit on sales also stands for edibles and other cannabis-infused products (eight grams of concentrate is the rough equivalent of one ounce of flower).
There are also dosage limitations on the sales of edibles. A single serving cannot have more than 5 milligrams of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the primary psychoactive in marijuana that gets you high. Packages of edibles can have up to 20 individual servings or a total of 100 milligrams of THC. Shaleen Title, a CCC commissioner, notes that beginners should begin with a single 5 milligram serving, since it can take up to two hours to feel the effects (the effects of edibles last longer as well).
Where Can I Buy Marijuana?
Starting Tuesday, Nov. 20, two shops will be open in MA. New England Treatment Access in Northampton and Cultivate in Leicester.
- Rep. Diaz Introduces Bill to Add Marijuana, Vapor to Secondhand Smoke Laws
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Wolff’s White House Book & Marijuana Laws
- MA Dept. of Health Suspends Sales of Medical Marijuana Products at Healthy Pharms
- Progressive Dem & RI Senate Candidate Bell on Guns, Medicaid, PawSox, Taxes, & Marijuana
- RI and Marijuana, Did the Feds Change the Game?
- Narducci Opposes Proposed Marijuana Dispensary in Providence Neighborhood
- Regulate RI Calls Marijuana Study Commission “Flawed Delay Tactic,” Members Will Not Participate
- LIVE: Latest on ACLU Medical Marijuana Battle Against Smithfield
- NEW: Man Arrested for Possession of 50 Pounds of Marijuana Worth an Estimated $50,000
- Study Commission on Marijuana Legalization to Hold Meeting at State House
- Tassoni on Marijuana, Gaming’s Growing Impact on RI on LIVE
- RI Compassion Center Employee Denied Mortgage Due to “Marijuana Related” Income
- Man Charged With Possessing Over 400 Marijuana Plants in Providence
- RIDOH Accepting Laboratory Applications for Sampling & Testing of Medical Marijuana
- Marijuana Legal in MA, Sports Betting Going Live in RI — What You Need to Know