Tiverton Police Sergeant Munroe Arrested on 14 Counts of Larceny
Wednesday, December 05, 2018
It is alleged that Munroe was stealing gasoline from the Town of Tiverton.
During the month of October, Tiverton Police Chief Patrick Jones learned that one of his sworn members was allegedly stealing gasoline from the Town of Tiverton.
Jones requested the assistance of the Rhode Island State Police to investigate these allegations.
Members of the Rhode Island State Police Special Investigations Unit initiated an investigation, and after conducting multiple surveillances, it was confirmed that Sergeant Munroe, a sworn law enforcement officer for the Town of Tiverton, has been stealing gasoline from the Town.
Members of the Special Investigations Unit saw Sergeant Munroe fueling his marked police cruiser multiple times at the town gasoline pumps, located at 50 Industrial Way, Tiverton. Detectives saw that in addition to putting gasoline in his cruiser, he also would often fill a large gasoline container and take it to his personal vehicle that was parked in the parking lot of the Tiverton Police Station located at 20 Industrial Way.
Sergeant Munroe would then allegedly pour the gasoline from the container into the gas tank of his personal vehicle, utilizing the gasoline for his own personal use.
Sergeant Munroe was taken into custody early Wednesday morning at the Tiverton Police Department without incident.
He was transported to State Police Headquarters, where he was processed.
- RI State Police Colonel Assumpico Receives Patriot Award
- GOP Senate Leader Kettle Being Investigated By RI State Police
- RI State Police Warn of “Treacherous” Travel Conditions
- RI State Police Offer Prom Safety Tips
- RI State Police Arrest 49 People Following Year-Long Investigation Into Motorcycle Gangs
- RI State Police to Increase Patrols Over New Year’s Weekend
- RI State Police Offer Winter Weather Driving Tips
- ACLU Claims RI State Police Retaliated Against Twin River Employee Who Refused to Be an Informant
- RI State Police Release Names of Troopers Involved in Shooting
- Deadline to Apply for 2018 RI State Police Training Academy is December 27
- RI State Police Arrest 50 People Over Memorial Day Weekend
- RI State Police Report Nearly 800 Commercial Vehicle & Driver Violations During Roadcheck
- RI State Police Report 35 Crashes During Thursday Night Snowstorm
- One Dead and Two Injured in Route 10 Crash Report RI State Police