NEW: Commissioner Pare Releases Statement on Esserman
Friday, June 17, 2011
In a statement to GoLocalProv, Pare said he will defer additional comment until he completes his evaluation.
"We are taking this situation very seriously," Pare said. "Earlier this week I began a comprehensive evaluation of the circumstances surrounding the party. It is important that this matter is thoroughly reviewed to ensure that laws were not broken and this house party was appropriately managed by the Chief. I will defer additional comment until my evaluation is complete.”
This morning, GoLocalProv exclusively reported that a Facebook message sent out two days before the party told those on the invite list that they didn't have to worry about cops. The message also told partygoers to bring their own "drinks and bud" and promoted drinking games that would take place both inside and outside the house.
GoLocalProv spent two hours watching the party at the Esserman house last week. Shortly after 11:00 pm, the party broke up and young people were seen leaving the house with beer cans and cases of beer in hand.
- Exclusive: Underage Drinkers at Chief Esserman’s Home
- EXCLUSIVE: New Accusations of Misbehavior Against Esserman
- BREAKING NEWS: City ‘Evaluating’ Weekend Incident at Esserman Home
- BREAKING NEWS: Councilman Demands Esserman Resign—Again
- BREAKING: Esserman Responds
- UPDATED: Taveras Keeps Esserman
- Your Turn: Should Esserman Step Down?