Lifespan’s Closings and Cancellations in Anticipation of Juno
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
If you have an appointment scheduled for any type of diagnostic imaging test, elective procedure, or to see a Lifespan physician, you will be contacted to reschedule your appointment.
Lifespan hospitals include Rhode Island Hospital, Hasbro Children's Hospital, The Miriam Hospital, Newport Hospital and Bradley Hospital.
There will be an officer on call to provide regular updates on blizzard related injuries, illnesses and hospitalizations at all Lifespan Hospitals.
The media on-call number is 401-793-2092, and this number is accessible 24/7.
Related Slideshow: Top 10 Blizzards in RI History
10. Blizzard of 2010
Max Accumulation: Approximately 13"
December 26-27, 2010
This winter storm brought more than a foot of snow to several parts of Rhode Island, including 13 inches in Woonsocket.
9. Blizzard of 2003
Max Accumulation: Approximately 15"
February 14-19, 2013
Know as the President’s Day Storm II, this blizzard brought roughly 15 inches to Ocean State.
8. Blizzard of 2009
Max Accumulation: Approximately 16"
December 16-20, 2009
Blizzard warnings were in effect in southern Rhode Island when this storm hit just before Christmas 2009.
7. April Fool's Day Blizzard
Max Accumulation: Approximately 18"
March 30 to April 1, 1997
This blizzard was no joke when it dropped 18 inches of snow in Providence.
6. 1969 Nor’easter
Max Accumulation: Approximately 20"
February 8-10, 1969
This storm blanketed many parts of Rhode Island with upwards of 20 inches of snow.
5. Great Blizzard of 1888
Max Accumulation: Approximately 20"
March 11-14, 1888
One of the most severe recorded blizzards in the history of the United States, this superstorm dumped 20 inches in Kingston.
4. Blizzard of 1996
Max Accumulation: Approximately 23"
Jan. 6-10, 1996
One of two blizzards to receive an “extreme” rating on the Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale, this storm blanketing parts of Rhode Island with upwards of 23 inches of snow.
3. Blizzard of 2005
Max Accumulation: Approximately 23.5"
January 20-23, 2005
This three-day storm delivered more nearly two feet of snow to some parts of Rhode Island.
2. Winter Storm Nemo
Max Accumulation: Approximately 24"
February 7-18, 2013
About 180,000 RI homes and businesses lost power during this powerful blizzard.
- NEW: Lifespan Officials Say Talks with City will Continue
- NEW: Lifespan and Gateway Healthcare Sign Intent to Affiliate Agreement
- NEW: Timothy Babineau, MD, Appointed Lifespan President and CEO
- NEW: Lifespan Names New Chairman of the Board
- NEW: State Senator Wants Lifespan Investigated
- TRENDER: Lifespan’s Social Media Guru Nancy Cawley Jean
- NEW: Lifespan CEO George Vecchione to Leave at End of 2012
- NEW: Lifespan Names Eric Alper, MD, Information Services Director
- New Medical Center in East Greenwich for Lifespan
- Lifespan Donates 50 Defibrillators To RI Communities
- Lifespan Pharmacy Earns URAC Accreditation
- NEW: OB/GYN Assoc. Joins Lifespan’s Women’s Medicine Collaborative
- RI DBR Lacks Power Over Lifespan’s Offshore Businesses
- Lifespan Faces Serious Financial Challenges
- Lifespan and its Subsidiaries Insured Offshore
- NEW: RI Jobs With Justice Calling for “Good Jobs & Quality Care” at Lifespan
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard Watch Expands—Hitting RI Friday AM
- The Ultimate Rhode Island Blizzard Survival Kit
- PM WEATHER UPDATE: RI’s Blizzard Watch Upgraded to Warning
- NEW: Brown University to Cancel Classes Friday Due to Blizzard
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard May Bring Up to 3 Feet of Snow
- PM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard Watch For RI, 1-2 Feet of Snow
- Blizzard of 2010: Municipal Budget Buster
- Blizzard is Coming: Update 12:00 noon
- Email Us Your Best Picture of the Blizzard
- Blizzard is Here: Midnight Ghiorse Update
- Retailers Lose Two of Their Biggest Days to Blizzard
- NEW: Providence Restaurants That Are OPEN During the Blizzard
- PM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard’s Most Intense Part Hitting RI Soon
- Serve Rhode Island Seeks Volunteers Prior To Blizzard
- RI Blood Center Urges Monday Donations To Reduce Blizzard Impact
- BIG STORM - See The Meteorologists Predictions for the Blizzard
- The 10 Greatest Blizzards in Rhode Island History
- Ghiorse: Monday AM Blizzard Juno Update
- John Ghiorse: Blizzard Conditions Expected in RI Tuesday Afternoon
- Urban Gardener: Bamboo Bamboozle Blizzards
- The Blizzard of ‘13 Hits Providence
- GoLocal’s Readers’ Rhode Island Blizzard Photos
- AM WEATHER UDPATE: The Blizzard of ‘13 Not Over—Prepare For More Snow
- New England Meteorologists’ Blizzard Forecasts—Who Will Be Right?
- Raimondo Declares State Of Emergency, Travel Ban for Blizzard Juno