GoLocalProv Sues Raimondo and State Police for Release of 38 Studios State Police Interviews
Monday, October 17, 2016
Tom Dickinson has filed a lawsuit in Superior Court against Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo and State Police Colonel Kevin Barry for the release of the State Police interviews and notes relating to the 38 Studios investigation.
Barry is being sued in his role as acting Superintendent of the State Police and as acting Director of Public Safety.
READ THE LAWSUIT BELOW
In the complaint filed in Superior Court, GoLocal asserted, “There is high public interest to access the items included within the GoLocalProv APRA request. As the Attorney General stated, 38 Studios involved 'bad politics, bad public policy, and bad business decisions."
"Access to the records sought in the GoLocalProv APRA request is vital in order to examine and expose to public view the causes of these admittedly bad decisions. On October 14, 2016, Governor Raimondo issued a statement indicating a desire for the release of documents and materials from the 38 Studios investigation," stated GoLocal.
GoLocal has explicitly asserted that it is not seeking grand jury records.
“It is somewhat mind-boggling that the taxpayers lose tens of millions of dollars, that the four-year investigation finds no criminal charges, and then the Raimondo Administration blocks the release of the most basic records — the interviews,” said Josh Fenton, CEO of GoLocalProv.
Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin has repeatedly stated that the criminal and civil cases are unrelated. At the press conference announcing the conclusion of the criminal investigation, Kilmartin stated that there is no relationship between the civil and the criminal investigations.
“I was totally clear in my statement. The civil trial and the criminal trial are wholly independent of each other. One has no nexus to another and one does not impact the other,” said Kilmartin during the press conference announcing the conclusion of the criminal investigation.
Dickinson, the former Assistant Attorney General under Jeffrey Pine, had initially requested the release of the State Police interview records under RI’s Access to Public Records Act (APRA) on GoLocal’s behalf.
“It is difficult for the public not to by cynical, when the FBI can release their records interviewing the Democratic Presidential nominee, but Rhode Islanders can't see the records of the State Police,” said Fenton.
“We need to shine the light of day on how it all happened. GoLocalProv has no alternative but to take this to the Superior Court so that Rhode Islanders can learn what this investigation revealed about the failures of their government,” said Dickinson.
Related Slideshow: GoLocalProv’s Lawsuit Against Governor Raimondo - October 17, 2016
- GoLocalTV: Raimondo Refuses to Order RI State Police to Release 38 Studios Investigation Docs
- GoLocalTV: Raimondo Won’t Direct State Police on 38 Studios
- Schilling, 38 Studios Execs Agree to $2.5 Million Settlement with State of RI
- Petition Launched Asking Gov. Raimondo to Release 38 Studios Documents
- NEW: RI Commerce Corp Votes on 38 Studios Litigation, Refuses to Disclose Details
- You Deserve To Know The 38 Studios Story, MINDSETTER™ Mike Stenhouse
- EDC Buried in Legal Fees over 38 Studios
- From EDC to Commerce Corporation
- GOP House Caucus Calls on House Oversight to Subpoena 38 Studios Investigation Records UPDATED
- EDC Buried in Legal Fees over 38 Studios
- RI State Police Fail to Comply with GoLocal’s 38 Studios Request, Media Company to Appeal
- (UPDATED) AG and State Police Delay Response to Request for 38 Studios Docs
- Legislature, EDC War Over Reorganization - Millions Could Be Lost
- Costantino Says He Could Not Stand Up to Carcieri, Fox and EDC
- ProJo Held Key 38 Studios Story At Request of EDC
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: 38 Studios is More Sloth and Stupidity than Corruption
- GoLocal’s Attorney Dickinson Appeals to Gain Release of State Police 38 Studios Documents
- EXCLUSIVE: MEMO by CVS’ Foulkes and Other Members Unveiled EDC in Chaos
- PODCAST: Legislature, EDC at War Over Reorganization
- LISTEN: EDC Paid $40K to Bond Agencies for 38 Studios
- Rhode Island EDC Paid $40K to Bond Agencies for 38 Studios
- Confusion Reigns in Gov.’s Office, Raimondo Refuses to Release 38 Studios Docs
- ABC’s “In the Arena” Takes on the Demands to Release 38 Studios’ Records
- Chafee Responds to 38 Studios’ Curt Schilling’s Claims
- Mayors Fung, Avedisian and Councilman Call for Release of 38 Studios Investigation Records
- Paiva Weed Blasted for Taking Donations from 38 Studios Defendants
- Growing Chorus Say Kilmartin is Wrong - 38 Studios Docs Can Be Released
- FBI Releases Clinton Investigation Notes - See Documents; Will RI Follow on 38 Studios
- NEW: Schilling Posted Bloody Sock as Collateral for Loan
- Curt Schilling to be Featured in ESPN Documentary on Broke Athletes Tonight
- GoLocalTV: Medieval Weapons and Software Auctioned off from Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios
- BREAKING: State Files Suit Against Curt Schilling, Keith Stokes & Several Law Firms
- NEW: Schilling Blasts Critics Over 38 Studios Subpoena, and More
- NEW: Rolling Stone’s Taibbi Dubs Schilling the “Next Donald Trump”
- Curt Schilling to Host Online Talk Show
- Curt Schilling To Return to ESPN For MLB Playoffs
- The Big 38 Studios Document Surprise is No Deposition from Curt Schilling
- NEW: Schilling Heckler is Providence Wannabe Comedian
- Raimondo Calls for Further Delay of Release of 38 Studios Documents, Blocks GoLocal’s Request
- LISTEN: Schilling, Stokes & others File Response to RI’s Suit
- EXCLUSIVE: Schilling, Stokes & others File Response to RI’s Suit
- NEW: Former Red Sox Curt Schilling Suspended by ESPN For Offensive Tweet
- Wells Fargo Refuses to Discuss ‘Secret’ Cash from Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios
- State Report: Voter Fraud, Schilling’s Meltdown & Casino Gaming
- Curt Schilling Slams Governor Chafee on Twitter
- NEW: Schilling’s 38 Studios is Bankrupt
- EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Attorney Investigating Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios
- NEW: Citizens Suing Schilling for $2.4 Million
- Schilling on Chafee: ‘I Think He had an Agenda and Executed it’
- Russell Moore: Superman Is Not Curt Schilling
- NEW: Schilling Tweets at Heckler “How About I Just Knock You Out?”
- NEW: Curt Schilling Fired by ESPN After Anti-Transgender Facebook Post
- RI Recovers $25.6 Million in 38 Studios Suits from Wells Fargo and Barclays, SEC Case Continues