Former Prov Physicians Group Employee Pleads Guilty to Extortion Charges
Friday, December 07, 2018
Lutz admitted to making the demands in a series of emails, text messages and telephone calls to executives, board members and employees of the group after his employment with the group was terminated in May of 2017.
Lutz has been a leader and an advocate for children with disabilities. He has been featured in numerous GoLocal articles on the subject.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on March 7, 2019.
As GoLocalProv reported, On July 20, 2017, during an investigation by the FBI and the United States Attorney’s Office into this matter, FBI agents and FBI Task Force officers executed a court authorized search of Lutz’s residence. During the search, several thumb drives, a laptop, and cell phone were seized. Some of the devices allegedly contained private patient data and employee data belonging to the physicians' group.
According to information presented to the court, it is alleged that after the search of Lutz’s residence was completed and members of law enforcement left the residence, Lutz telephoned an officer of the physicians' group and emailed a high-ranking officer at Lifespan to further discuss the matter.
- Former Providence Physicians Group Employee Indicted on Extortion Charges
- Twice Deported Jamaican National Pleads Guilty to Passport Fraud Charges
- Dominican National Pleads Guilty to Illegal Reentry into US, Trafficking Fentanyl Laced Heroin
- Albanian National Pleads Guilty to Breaking Into Target Store in Smithfield
- Promoter For Bold Point Concerts Plead Guilty to Domestic Assault in Maine
- Two Plead Guilty to Operation of Butane Hash Oil Lab In Kinsley Ave Warehouse
- Two Plead Guilty to Trafficking Fentanyl-Laced Heroin Into Rhode Island
- RI Doctor Pleads Guilty to Healthcare Fraud & Accepting Kickbacks
- Former Johnston Jewelry Distributor Pleads Guilty to Multi-Million Dollar Fraud Scheme
- Former Newport Police Dept. Treasurer Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud of $31,000
- East Greenwich Man Pleads Guilty to Drug Trafficking Near NK Public Housing Complex
- Former RI Senator Doyle Pleads Guilty to Bank Fraud & Tax Crimes
- Registered Sex Offender Pleads Guilty to Possession of Child Porn
- Luxury Yacht Captain Pleads Guilty in Death of Boater off Coast of Westerly
- Former Narragansett Police Officer Pleads Guilty to Sending Obscene Material to a Child
- Caught in Providence: Drunk DJ & I’m Guilty
- Man Pleads Guilty to Extensive Mortgage Fraud Scheme in Rhode Island